PDA

View Full Version : Are we having a williams clio calender then?

Jamie.
26-11-2006, 00:40
Is anyone undertaking this challenge? If no-one else is I will give organising one a go...

Joel
26-11-2006, 00:41
Ill have 1...if theyre up for sale !!! if we get one made that is

Jamie.
26-11-2006, 01:12
Anyway, i have an idea as to what i want to do and would be happy to see if i could get one made up.

Im not sure how much they would cost to go to print, maybe someone has some ideas, or has dealt with someone in the past?

I was hoping to get a calander with one main image on each page and a background image behind the acutal calender bit on the bottom page, not sure how much it would cost.

The top pic of each page would be of an individual car, and would need to be high res, the pic sunken in behind the calender bit would be of a meet or a strange/odd pic, like that of a side of a car/williams wheel. These would not need to be as high res since they will be partially covered up.

How does everyone feel. I know freebone is doing a cs one and i could see how much he is paying. Personally i would be happy to pay 10-15 as realisitacally for a small batch it may be dear. But i will only order enough for those that had been preorderd.

Jamie.
26-11-2006, 01:39
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/Jamie_Williams3/example1.jpg

Its a rough idea, if no-one is assed then i wont bother.

northy
26-11-2006, 10:52
i think we need one jamie.....will chat to you on monday

nyk
26-11-2006, 12:47
I did a lot of work on this, but I deleted all my stuff on it in temper thinking i was never gonna rerturn to the site again. My friends on WC made me change my mind to come back, but the work I did is now lost.

I will do some more work on it if people defo want to go ahead with it.

northy
26-11-2006, 12:50
lol u what ???

I dont think it will be too much of a problem to do....only got a month like :D

nyk
26-11-2006, 13:09
there is still time, print will only take about a week.

However admin may have to make some decisions on formats as I doubt there will be time to put them up on the forum for voting now.

northy
26-11-2006, 13:27
no problems.

Jamie.
26-11-2006, 13:37
This is the style i would want to go for.... there is a download you use to make your calendar then you submit it with them. I'm not sure if that would be best, but it gives you a rough idea...

http://www.bonusprint.co.uk/pages/calendars_landscape.htm?level=4&sub=0

But what im worried about is the resolution of picture you would need to take up a whole page of A4 like that.... on the download I selected the A3 one and I have an image of 2300xsomething and it only just fits... We may have to go for an A4 one, whereby the calandar and pic all fit on one page rather than there being a ring binder securing the two pages of A4 together. The fact that the res's would need to be so high would make choosing pictures v difficult and limit choice greatly. Also fitting on one side of A4 will make it cheaper.

I would also like to go with a company which will fit the images for you, as I wouldnt feel comfortable creating one whollay myself. At least if they did it they could use their expertise, and if need be could ring me and tell me xyz picture is too big/small and would look shit.

The worst thing that could happen is to pay for something which looks crap. What I want to do is get some quotes for A4 and A3 and find out what the ideal resolutions would be for the calenders to come out really nicely and set about finding the pics we would want.

bluenose
26-11-2006, 18:16
i'll have one 8)

stew
26-11-2006, 18:18
id have one.

ive got some high res photo's of mine in new-ish spec somewhere if ur needing any! 8)

FATBOY
26-11-2006, 18:24
jamie and nyk. i think you should both combine your efforts on this and work together. :D

nyk
26-11-2006, 18:32
yeah it will work out very expensive if we have to pay a company to do the art work.

There is myself an surely others on the site also that are capable of setting up layouts in Quark, which we can then send straight to print once approved.

:lol:

nyk
26-11-2006, 22:12
rough idea.........

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/26/425245/calendar%201_Layout%202.pdf