PDA

View Full Version : do they think were thick???

FATBOY
25-11-2006, 00:04
what do you make of this??? obviously i replied and gave them all my details!!!! NOT!!!

IMPORTANT REMINDER

Dear PayPal User,

You have 3 new important messages regarding your PayPal account. Please login below to view all messages.

https://www.paypal.com********************

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure meant to help you and protect your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Maz
25-11-2006, 00:09
You have to log in .. can't see anything :lol:

Coops
25-11-2006, 00:46
hes reffering to the gist of the posted message maz, not the link! :wink:

tell me bout it n all, i use ebay alot, so i get emails along these lines 2-3 times a day..............click click, deleted!

sad thing is, there is enough thick people out there, otherwise they wudnt even try it, but more fool them.

FATBOY
25-11-2006, 00:50
:wink: i know mate! cant believe people fall for these things!!!! and no one dont click that link and login with there details!!

Justin..
25-11-2006, 01:11
i would put that in your first post paul, cos i nearly put mine in cos me email was already in it :shock:

Coops
25-11-2006, 01:22
pmsl, he warns u and still the bait is nearly taken! :lol: :wink:

Maz
25-11-2006, 11:00
If the e-mail was sent by paypal I would log in cause I would think I have three messages :oops: sorry for being thick and I kow your pointing out a scam .. but :?

MatBrown
25-11-2006, 11:37
It looked genuine to me, even had my log-in details already stored and is a secure site, you been on paypal to check?

Mat.

MattyH16valver
25-11-2006, 12:02
I'd say that looks genuine....it's definately the secure site, and no ones asking for ur login details outside of the paypal site.....so I don't see the problem. :wink:

Rich
25-11-2006, 12:03
if i get emails like that i go direct to paypal and have a look to check. that one sounds pretty geunine paul.

FATBOY
25-11-2006, 12:20
well the mail was sent from this e mail address aft@verizon.net

fishy to me??? also logged in and theres no messages whatsoever?

Justin..
25-11-2006, 13:24
scam then imo, woulda been sent from paypal.com or sumthin

kj16v
25-11-2006, 18:14
If Paypal send you something they always put your username on it. They never say "dear user" I bet you if you had right-clicked on the link and clicked "copy shortcut", when you pasted it into the address bar it would have nothing to do wih Paypal.

My email spam folder gets at least 100 of these half-assed phishers every week. ****ing sick of them. I know it's expensive to follow up but I wish police or whoever would kick their arses. :evil:

Rich
25-11-2006, 18:33

you didnt mention that bit!!!!

nyk
25-11-2006, 22:44
I see these every day at work, and sadly people do fall for them.

Lots of e mails from banks, they make an exact copy of the genuine site. You log in and they get all you internet banking details.

The advice I give is never log into anything from a link in an email. Always use your favourites!

MattyH16valver
25-11-2006, 23:13

you didnt mention that bit!!!!
Yeah....lol :lol: