PDA

View Full Version : Ebay - won a item that was sold over the weekend.

northy
09-10-2006, 15:01
What is the procedure for ebay when you have won a item that was sold outside of ebay and not removed ???

Well gutted it has been sold - if i had of known i would of made him a offer. The item didnt mention it was advertised else were.

Was listed last monday - finished sunday, was sold the friday !

Thanks guys.

nyk
09-10-2006, 15:21
Report it to e bay.

I dont think they have to state the item is advertised elsewhere, but if it is sold outside of e bay then they should have ended the auction early.

Anything interesting you lost out on???

:lol:

Joel
09-10-2006, 15:23
On my auctions i put the Item is advertised elsewhere and have the right to remove at any time. so then they No

northy
09-10-2006, 15:29
but if there was non of that mate - what happens then. u sell on the friday but u let the auction run till it ends on the sunday !

stan
09-10-2006, 16:55
that whole "advetised elsewhere" seams to be a get out of jail free card...it means **** all in reality.

Daz.
09-10-2006, 17:17
What was it?

clowo16v
09-10-2006, 17:56
Email ebay then give him bad feedback.

Matt

Mattie
09-10-2006, 19:10
ask the person whos selling the item if hes still got the item, as he may have just recieved payment for it, if he has demand the item you have won, if he basically fobs u off and you dont recieve the item inform him you will report him to eaby and leave him neg feedback

then report him to ebay and leave him neg feedback stating somthin like "buyer did not deliver item - AVOID AVOID AVOID"

ebay will prob do **** all about it though and the chap whos sellin will prob leave u neg feedback becuase youv left him neg feedback...which sucks but thats the way things seem 2 go on ebay these days

fasterthanjesus
09-10-2006, 22:48
happened to me, i got negative feedback for leaving negative feedback - for somebody not delivering the goods.

not much you can do, except give them bad feedback.

easiest thing to do is to email the chap, ask them to explain. negative feedback doesnt work, and ebay dont remove it, even if both parties agree to remove it, its still there for people to see and it doesnt describe what truely went on.

ebay arent interested in sorting the bad things out, they are more interested in sellers fees.

if your bored and youve got time, check out some of the bogus sellers from the china area, selling laptops for peanuts and having a 10 rating thats made up of bogus minimum sales. there were loads about when i was looking for a laptop, and a lot of them "unregister" as soon as they receive the money. luckily i saw right through it, many people havent.

ebay is great when it works and shit when it doesnt.

northy
10-10-2006, 07:56
apparenlty he sold it the friday but never thought to cancel the auction till it ran out on the sunday. he didnt even think to email me to explain.

Over it now - its his loss.

Daz.
10-10-2006, 17:39
Yeh but what was it?!?!?!? :D

big hp
10-10-2006, 17:57
Prob a little number for the weekends :wink:

Daz.
10-10-2006, 18:01
I reckon it was a used butt plug - new ones are never the same :wink:

titch16v
10-10-2006, 18:43
if it was a car auction it wont let u cancel or edit the advert within the last 24 hrs

Clio b
11-10-2006, 10:08
Report him to ebay and leave him proper shitty feedback! :D