PDA

View Full Version : TB'd 172 Vs Sy's Scooby Doooooo

J o n
09-10-2006, 09:02
well, was meant to be going to the NW Wales run out on Sunday morning, however after a bit of a mad Saturday lets just say I was in no fit state for a 8:30am start, so as I'd already fuelled up the car me and Sy decided to go for a blast in our cars. We took a passenger each and thought as it was nice we'd do a Peals 1/2 run.

The plan was to have a few comparisons up the Macc bypass, but him being a fag and getting on the power and basically running away meant I was always playing catchup... which I would do by the end of 3rd and then coast in 4th. So nothing conclusive there, so we do a left near the end of the bypass and head up the Cat & Fiddle road (same way in as last week, but no speed bumps Pikey!!! lol) and Sy's taking it very easy... bit too easy, so we continue along and then the worst thing happens... ****ing caravan!!! So, sat behind Sy who's really on this guys arse now as he was taking the piss somewhat, but there was no overtaking option for a bit, but then I decided the hell with this, there was a good gap and he was going that slow that I just went for it, with Sy pulling out behind me and immediately following. Continued up towards the pub and I was pulling some good gaps on the straights, corners and on braking (he has 4 pots too :D ), so had to hold up a little, but I know the roads better than him to be fair, so was no surprise to me really.
We get in the pub (ful of bikers for a change...) and he was a bit shocked at how well the Clio went and reckoned he couldn't go any faster as it was just understeering it's way round the run.
Anyway, sat their in the pub and I noticed a txt from Mehdi saying he's stranded in Warrington and can I pick him and Khany up, so gave him a bell and the Williams was having some gearbox trouble, lost a few gears in the process, so we decided to go get them and going back the way we came was the quickest route, so off we went. We literally got round about 3 corners and wham, there's a ****ing Porsche in the middle of the road absolutely smashed into tiny little pieces... looked like he lost control, spam out and hit a wall head on as it was well and truely fooked, glass and bits of plastic and metal all over the place, so the road was effectively closed... we turned round and ended up finishing the run and in good time.

Mehdi managed to get the box fixed by mad Mike in the end too which was a bonus, so back home for a pint it was.

Martin
09-10-2006, 09:14
crazy lol

seanofnp
09-10-2006, 09:20
eventfull day then! :)

Daz.
09-10-2006, 17:47
I read that 3 times and only just figured it out! :D

J o n
09-10-2006, 17:56
hey, it was a rush job of a post... sue me :lol:

northy
10-10-2006, 08:06
that poor williams jon.

Glad you had fun on the run mate !

2 live
10-10-2006, 08:24
lasted well for £75 that box tho......has had some serious abuse lol

J o n
10-10-2006, 08:33
well, it's actually okay, was only some minor box issues, but Ginger Mike has managed to fix it and find the missing gears lol. TBH I've never really had any bother from that box Jon, has always had a nice tight/solid shift action.

bass_direct
10-10-2006, 08:53
your clio must be preeeeeetttttttyyyyy quick :)

J o n
10-10-2006, 09:04
yeah it's pretty damn fast. I've got some footage of me racing the Scooby from last night, had a really good run out and got some quality DVD footage and my car popping like a machine gun :D

gonna get the DV tape today and put it on the HDD DVD recorder thing at me rents so I can burn it onto DVD, as doing it on USB it just looks shite