PDA

View Full Version : williams v's focus rs

bill.
01-10-2006, 16:44
Had a blast with one on friday night, up the knowles arms drag strip ( for anyone who knows it ) clocked him giving it some upto the traffic lights, so i screamed up behind him, to let him know he had a challenger, pulled up behind him at the lights, as soon as they changed, he booted it, and pulled over straight away, i booted mine, he would pull about foot on me beginning of every gear, then towards the end of each gear i'd pull back about half a car lengh, and gradually started to come up besides him, at about a ton, at which point he slammed on the anchors, think he new i was beginning to get the better of him, would of though it would have been the other way round with them starting leave me at higher speeds, but not the case, he came for it a few more times from behind, ( that sounds a bit gay :roll: ) so i floored it and he wasn't for catching me, pulled up at the lights at the end of the dragstrip, got a thumbs up off him, and he and his two mates had a look of ****ING HELL on them, they looked a bit suprised that the williams did so well, i was on my own, with a very smug grin on me :D so i'm guessing had he been on his own, it would be a different story, was quick but not like i expected it to be.

Anyone else had a go against one? seemed quicker than the focus st i raced

Andy
01-10-2006, 16:58
focus rs is a different world to the st

bill.
01-10-2006, 17:02
yeah, id pick the rs over the st any day of the week

richy
01-10-2006, 17:15
ive played against RS-steves FRS quite a few times and its always the same outcome!

i lose as per usual lol

but his total std and mine with a decat and scorpion cat back system i could sit close(with a couple car lengths) to him untill about a ton then his would just pull away quite clearly! now his is bluefinned/k&n/decatted and flys! no point in me trying now lol :lol:

very nice cars :)

bill.
02-10-2006, 13:54
sounds a beast, pretty sure the one i had a go against was standard.

Daz.
02-10-2006, 16:40
Yeh you can tell the standard ones cus you can still see them when you get into 3rd!

bill.
02-10-2006, 18:22
and 4th :wink:

richy
02-10-2006, 18:40
yeah when it was std as soon as i hit 5th his would pull away, now its a different story! ive driven it so i know its faster lol