PDA

View Full Version : My TV died!!! NOOOOOO!

J o n
29-09-2006, 09:59
switched my lovely Samsung set on this morning and noticed that there was a distinct lack of picture... odd, switched the thing off and back on, no joy... getting sound just nothing on the screen. So now my 40" HDTV is sat there in a state of useless gheyness, proper gutted, first my Xbox 360 now this ****er!

Phoned Samsung and they agreed it's fooked, so they are going to get one of their retailers to phone me and arrange a pickup date, but said I get a free gift (iPOD, Xbox, PS2 or similar priced thingy!) and if it's broken beyond repair I'll get the latest model... so here's hoping its royally ****ed! :lol:

McPikie
29-09-2006, 10:12
HD TVs are for gays that don't come to the pub :roll:

32" tube TVs are where it's at :wink:

Chris n`nic
29-09-2006, 10:23
Hope mine doesn't do the same lol!

Chris

Zollo
29-09-2006, 10:25
I bought a 42inch Samsung plasma which had a really shit picture quality. Four call outs later, with Samsung insisting the set should be fixed rather replaced, the engineers persuaded Samsung to give me a new unit instead. Only just recieved a credit note, six months later. Tossers.

J o n
29-09-2006, 10:47
was busy preparing the beast Phil... wait til I take you out for a blast on Sunday lol

Zollo, I've not had any probs with the picture until it wasn't there like, but the quality is superb. Plasma is usually better for standard def TV as well :shock: :?

Zollo
29-09-2006, 11:29
It was something called polarisation, apparently. Can hardly see what's going on if the scene is dark, and it looks like a pixalated computer game from the 90s any other time! Was definitely a fault somewhere, but they changed everything, including the whole screen, and it was still the same :?

Anyway, I'm getting my money back after much hassle, so all is ok :)

Think I'm going for plasma again, although I'm still tempted with LCD, because the general consensus seems to be that plasma is still better for fast movements and for 42 inch sized screens. Plus I'm a looooong way off HD supply anyway :x

J o n
29-09-2006, 11:46
I'd go LCD Samsung, as they are known for their LCD, but not their plasma sets. The newer LCD's dont get motion blur, it's only cheapo ones that do that, so dnot let it put you off. Until my picture went it was absolutely incredible and I play footy and tennis on my 360 with no blur or ghosting. I'd suggest checking out the shops to see for yourself, but they are 90% of the time on some cable/sky scart spiltter so the signal is pants. Anyone that saw mine before it died can confirm it though and mines the slightly older Samsung model.

HD LCD all the way mate, do eeeet!!!

Chris n`nic
29-09-2006, 12:14
Is it this one m8...this is what I got

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/sound-and-vision/vision/tv/615398/prices#

Chris

Zollo
29-09-2006, 12:22
Samsung definately make some of the sexiest looking units 8)

Will go for a window shop and check out these LCDs some more. So much choice :?

J o n
29-09-2006, 12:26
Chris, mines the model before that one... although the pics look identical... mines the LE40R5 one... I'll get that one though as the replacement if its broke.

Deffo do it Matt, they are better tbh and they will also last longer and dont suffer screen burn anything like a plasma if you mistakenly leave it on for too long on the same screen

fasterthanjesus
29-09-2006, 13:14
pah!

hdmi ready projector and 8ft screen for the win !

J o n
29-09-2006, 13:32
our house aint big enough for that mate!

2 live
30-09-2006, 13:33
shudda bought a decent set ;) lol

btw mate...........wont b able to make tomoro...cant post on the thread cos im not down as a paid member. taigs got footie at 11.30 kick off. so cant make manc tyil 1 ish