PDA

View Full Version : Wlliams in yorkshire with "Ring" sticker on the ba

McPikie
18-06-2006, 21:27
who overtook the back Volvo XC90 and nearly got wiped out??

:lol:

cliopete
18-06-2006, 22:51
Oops!! I think it was me on the way to the Barbon Hillclimb, I thought I knew the road better, but its a while since I have been up there.

McPikie
18-06-2006, 23:02
Oops!! I think it was me on the way to the Barbon Hillclimb, I thought I knew the road better, but its a while since I have been up there.

My mate was on his way home from walking in the hills. Said your motor is rapid, lol

cliopete
18-06-2006, 23:18
Must have been on the way home then unless your mate goes walking in the hills at night, don't remember any close shaves though. Remember passing a black Chelsea tractor on the A65 who then tried to keep up for a while!! but thought it was a Range Rover.

Moonie
19-06-2006, 17:16
It was me in the black Volvo XC90, i think it was on the road between Long Preston and Gisburn heading towards Gisburn.

Just saw a Williams Clio with a gold ring sticker on the back fly past me on the wrong side of the road and past the coach in front of me. About 2 seconds later an artic lorry come the other way so must have been a very close shave.

Car sounded awesome and was shifting, didnt really get chance to see the reg plate, think it was an M reg.

cliopete
19-06-2006, 17:34
Yes it was me. Think it was road between Gisburn & Barrowford, a long dipping straight bit with a sharpish lefthander at the end. Usually a good place to overtake coaches, tractors with trailors etc. Probably looked closer than it actually was, good view from well back. I use this road about 4 times a week but don't tell the plod!!!

gtbloke
20-06-2006, 12:51
A65 is a cracking road, used to commute to work on it every day 8)