PDA

View Full Version : williams v's 182 trophy

bill.
17-06-2006, 08:37
For those of you that know the roads (private track of mine) i was on the a59, just gone through the lights and was waiting to turn right, down towards ribchester, when i clocked a 182 trophy sat at the lights waiting eagerly, naturally i threw the bait and sped off, i slowed down and got stuck behind some old fool in a merc, whilst waiting to see if the trophy would come for a duel?!

As i expected it came screaming up behind me in no time, now i'm behind this merc at about 45mph and this trophy is probably doind about 80/90mph and approaching me very quickly, so i dropped it into 2nd, pulled out to pass the merc and the trophys about a car lengh behing me now, we accelerate upto around a ton, ( bear in mind he's got a run on me ) we approach the de tabley bridge over the ribble, and i started to pull on him ever so slightly through the bends, and pulling out of them, we soon got back to sensible mode though, both gave it the thumbs up and went our seperate ways, would have liked to of had a longer go against it, as i reckon the trophy was struggling to keep up, had i been behind him, i would have been glued to his back bumper all the way!

Not bad to say i was expecting to get smoked, was impressed with the williams, to say the tyres are shite and the suspension is standard, it would have been serious history had i had decent tyres on and some coilovers! :twisted: soon to be!!

OLD SCHOOL ALL THE WAY :wink:

Daz.
17-06-2006, 10:35
Bah who needs coilovers!

Everytime I see something on that road I want to play with i'm always in a bloody van!

2 live
17-06-2006, 13:11
lol....know the feelin mate...

doesnt stop me tryin tho :wink:

Dancliovalver
17-06-2006, 13:16
good man

ive only ever seen one trophy on the roads and it was goin the other way

bill.
21-06-2006, 15:09
Bah who needs coilovers!

Everytime I see something on that road I want to play with i'm always in a bloody van!

run em off the road, that still counts as a win :wink: