PDA

View Full Version : Why I love my valver

McPikie
12-06-2006, 22:21
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was either a P1 or a 22B, but he wasn't happy with the valver tailing him round a few twistie roads :D

After a bit of here and there, all over his arse (and he wasn't giving it an easy ride), we pulled up at the lights where he said......

"Have you got a williams in there or something??"

"No mate, it's only a 1.8" 8)

Tommo
12-06-2006, 23:00
You must have a freakily fast valver mate cos I've been in a P1 (if it was one) and they are stupidly fast, there's no chance my Williams would keep up with one.

McPikie
12-06-2006, 23:06
You must have a freakily fast valver mate cos I've been in a P1 (if it was one) and they are stupidly fast, there's no chance my Williams would keep up with one.

I raced a P1 in my cossie................. they ain't that fast.

It's all about the twisties and 6.7k :lol:

bradus
12-06-2006, 23:14
its easy to tell the p1 to the 22b's have wide arches

bradus
12-06-2006, 23:14
and i no for a fact there fast he abousily was worried about smashing it up or wasnt a good driver

McPikie
12-06-2006, 23:21
and i no for a fact there fast he abousily was worried about smashing it up or wasnt a good driver

Oh, he can drive alright. I raced him when he had his M3 and I had my nova van, and he wasn't shy then either.

Tommo
12-06-2006, 23:21

280 bhp, 0-60 in 4.8 secs, 0-100 in 13.3 secs,.......not fast?? They are the king of the twisties mate, he can't have been trying.

Andyvalver
12-06-2006, 23:22
I agree with pickie. Ive chased my mate down soem tight country lanes in his scooby and he cant belive how well the little clio keeps up. I only lost out when a straight was involved lol or a long sweeping bend. 8)

McPikie
12-06-2006, 23:23

280 bhp, 0-60 in 4.8 secs, 0-100 in 13.3 secs,.......not fast?? They are the king of the twisties mate, he can't have been trying.

Cossie was also 280bhp, stage one with a tad more boost. This was motorway racing and then a little off the slip road where I left him for dead. And that was my mate too and he admitted to trying.

I must just be a loon then eh??

Tommo
12-06-2006, 23:39
Look, I'm not being funny fellas but there is not a chance in hell a valver is going to keep up with an Impreza P1, he was either a crap driver or there was something wrong with the car, or both. As I said I've been in one and it was 4 up and I was blown away with how fast it was and it handled like nothing else I've been in. My Williams isn't slow either, cams, LSD, chip etc. but it wouldn't have kept up with this thing.

Your cossie....yes, if it was kicking out 280bhp with more boost then it would beat a P1, but were talking about a valver

McPikie
12-06-2006, 23:42
Look, I'm not being funny fellas but there is not a chance in hell a valver is going to keep up with an Impreza P1, he was either a crap driver or there was something wrong with the car, or both. As I said I've been in one and it was 4 up and I was blown away with how fast it was and it handled like nothing else I've been in. My Williams isn't slow either, cams, LSD, chip etc. but it wouldn't have kept up with this thing.

I agree with pickie. Ive chased my mate down soem tight country lanes in his scooby and he cant belive how well the little clio keeps up. I only lost out when a straight was involved lol or a long sweeping bend. 8)

Laine_16v
13-06-2006, 07:57
Should have told him you had a 1.2 8v !

Zollo
13-06-2006, 09:01
Fer christ sake Tommo, don't question the mighty Clio's abilities :shock: :roll:

*I'm messing about, so don't take that seriously!

Andy P
13-06-2006, 09:08
Fair play.

He should have saved himself 10k+ and bought a valver :wink:

Zollo
13-06-2006, 09:43
I must just be a loon then eh??

Definately the best way to explain it. It's a lot easier to keep up with faster cars if you take your brain out :twisted: :P

Swervin_Mervin
13-06-2006, 09:53
Scooby's aren't that fast in the twisty bits guys. It takes real ability to shift them, and most drivers don't have that. You forget that the mass of a scooby is going to be it's enemy in such a situation, through the bends. The smaller car can generally carry more speed.

Crowds
13-06-2006, 12:46
80+ theyre nothing special i can rip them a proper new arse in the rs.

Clio b
13-06-2006, 13:52
I've been out in a Scooby P1 and i thought it was stupidly fast.... and goin out the in a williams there is an obvious difference!

I dont see how a 130-140 odd bhp car can keep up with a 280bhp scoob!

But hey as long as u had fun and u think u kept up with a P1 its all good! :D

J o n
13-06-2006, 14:19
this is the great thing about country lanes, I've been absolutely OWNED on a set of roads I thought I knew by a ****ing Fiat Uno 4 up... no kidding, THE GUY COULD DRIVE and although I'm not the worlds greatest driver I have some idea of what I'm doing. Oh, Pikey's a handy twat behind the wheel too, so dont underestimate him...

besides, anyone driven a Scoob hard? yeah, you can go QUICK easily, but drive them with conviction and you'll realise it's not as easy as people say, they grip too much and understeer, so you cant throw them from apex to apex like a Clio... no ****ing way

McPikie
13-06-2006, 15:03
Oh, Pikey's a handy t**t behind the wheel too, so dont underestimate him...

rofl.

I have taken to wearing grippy gloves for driving now as well :lol:

bill.
13-06-2006, 15:04
a fookin uno :shock:

Swervin_Mervin
13-06-2006, 15:44
I was left behind by a Cadbury's Kangoo van on the Snake Pass once. He obviously knew it better than I. :(

Zollo
13-06-2006, 16:03
And the driver's went on the Uno 4-up and Cadburys Kangoo Van Owners Club forums and told everyone how shit Willies and Valvers are.

Other Kangoo and Uno owners told them that it was more likely that they was a loon behind the wheel and knew the road rather than the other car being shit, but by then the damage was done and others joined in by telling how they've also wasted Clios, and they're over-rated French shopping trolleys. And they not even very good at carrying chocolate around!

Probably.

... Sorry, couldn't help it :oops:

Swervin_Mervin
13-06-2006, 16:15
:wink:

I still bet you can go round corners as quick, if not quicker in a small hot hatch.

Martin
13-06-2006, 16:16
lol

Flan
13-06-2006, 16:19
lmao... so true..

still good fun havin a play round the lanes though. :lol:

VIPERONE
13-06-2006, 17:02
PIkey......

what if the ACME nova van was being used lol

Tommo
13-06-2006, 21:22
Scooby's aren't that fast in the twisty bits guys. It takes real ability to shift them, and most drivers don't have that. You forget that the mass of a scooby is going to be it's enemy in such a situation, through the bends. The smaller car can generally carry more speed.

We're talking about the P1 here remember mate, the claim was made that he kept up with one in his valver, can't comment on standard turbos as I've never been in one. The P1 is renowned as one of the best Imprezas ever made and was developed by Prodrive, has fancy diffs, LSD, 4wd etc to keep the thing planted to the road, any fool can drive one fast. It would kill a valver on any road

Dancliovalver
13-06-2006, 21:31
this is the great thing about country lanes, I've been absolutely OWNED on a set of roads I thought I knew by a f***king Fiat Uno 4 up... no kidding, THE GUY COULD DRIVE and although I'm not the worlds greatest driver I have some idea of what I'm doing. Oh, Pikey's a handy t**t behind the wheel too, so dont underestimate him...

besides, anyone driven a Scoob hard? yeah, you can go QUICK easily, but drive them with conviction and you'll realise it's not as easy as people say, they grip too much and understeer, so you cant throw them from apex to apex like a Clio... no f***king way

must agree with you there mate,

have lived round a little place called old dalby for 17 years of my life and thought i knew every single bump and stone in the road but me old man still out ran me in a dihatsu fortrack :oops: lol

stew
13-06-2006, 23:41
Blah blah blah....couldnt be arsed reading all of the above...BUT imo theres no way a valver is keeping up with a P1. End of! Ive driven both a valver, std willy3 and my hybrid (being the fastest outa the 3 obviously :wink: ) but valvers really aint a touch on a williams. and a williams aint a touch on a P1.

Theres no point comparing how close you were in the twisties, becuase you were obviously trying / know how to drive, where as the guy in the P1 was in cruise mode / cant drive to save himself. I remember seeing Perry McCarthy (ex F1, and stig mrk1 lol) driving a old skool polo round a track just quicker than a granny driving a nissan 350Z (i think). Says it all really!

Best comparison in CARS is from the lights. I say CARS becuase this has no/very little actual driving skill other than being able to launch. Stick a valver against a P1 on a 1/4mile strip and try and see who wins! :roll:

McPikie
14-06-2006, 13:22
PIkey......

what if the ACME nova van was being used lol

I'd have fecking CREAMED him mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did a wrx once just for the comedy of it and he followed me into the garage to see if it was a turbo, lol