PDA

View Full Version : My Hybrid Vs BMW 530d SE

mikeymikewakey
30-05-2006, 22:14
Well, I just thought Id share it with you seen as it was my first mad drive against a car on the road...

I overtook a car on a road and this beemer was behind me, and I think "oooooh, what do we have here." I continue down the road, approaching a roundabout....knock it down to second, round the roundabout and onto the bypass we go! Yay!

*Also Id just fitted gunner chip today so I had to try her out - which may I add is very impressive!!!*

2nd gear, and up a long uphill arcing road and im going thru the gears, up to the end of 4th and at 7,000 rpm in each cog, the gap between this BMW (0-60 of 7.7s, 6 cylinder, 24 valve, 288lb/ft torque, Top Speed 143MPH) and myself is growing!

Then....

I get into 5th and the bastard then starts to catch me...Im at 120 and then he starts to gain, I overtake a car thinking he will have to wait to pass me lol - but he goes round the fookin outside!!!
So at the point of me overtaking Im stuck between some poor bugger in a shitty fiesta and a big fat 5 series saloon with about an inch free at either side!!! Safe to say i was shitting it!!
I look down and im doing 130 and he's pulling away from me!!
Was fun like and I later spoke to him down the road and he was impressed and suprised i was pulling away from him and I had him till 5th gear! Maybe if I get the Williams manifold put on instead of the valver one I may have a bit better top end!!

Mike

Coops
30-05-2006, 22:16
theres ur answer in the spec matey, ur hybrid will do 0-60 in williams time of around 7.4 so initially your be reet, but check out the torque in the beemer engine, u wudnt stand a chance! :wink:

mikeymikewakey
30-05-2006, 22:23
Heehee, i was almost laughin behind the steering wheel though lol...

The adrenaline makes me giggle, i love it...Im trying to take part in a rally stage ASAP cos I just love the thrill of speed and racing.
Its such an incredible buzz!! Best feeling ever!!

The guy was very sociable afterwards and full of compliments!

7.4seconds??? So my 7.08 on the strip at FCS with 16V manifold and dodgy rear brake discs was quite good then? lol

Mike

Coops
30-05-2006, 22:29
yep! book time is a little over 7 secs for a willy iirc :wink:

VIPERONE
30-05-2006, 22:51
book time is cock all.. 2 live was running 5.8 0-60s..

that manifold is a crock of shite.. i had similar topend problems with them.. in the end when i was suffering lag at 100mph i removed it for a supersprint.. that immediately made a difference.....in conjunction with my crazy gearbox.. i have been off the clocks,at only 6000 rpm...

Martin
30-05-2006, 22:56
aye valver mani is toss...get a stupersprint nice improvement top end think my old hybrid has the 0-60 record at 5.22 secs :P

MattyH16valver
30-05-2006, 23:08
I must admit I was well pleased when I went for the ss manifold with my willy conversion with the amount of top end torque u get on the motorway....it just keeps pulling, always puts a smile on my face! 8)

Coops
30-05-2006, 23:12
book time is cock all.. 2 live was running 5.8 0-60s..

easy now gibson san, i was merely stating that the book time for a williams was lower than the book time for a bmw 320d, hence u wud expect the willy engined hybrid of mikey wud beat it 0-60 :roll:

mikeymikewakey
30-05-2006, 23:18
Im gonna put the willy manifold on it as soon as Flan sorts me out with this downpipe, then I can compare.

I beat it 0-115 lol

Mike

2 live
31-05-2006, 08:38
lol.me n jesus had a play with one of these ages ago...very impressive.

the drivers dont like gettin beat tho lol :wink:

gunner.....was 5.6 ;) not 5.8.with brakes stickin on slightly too

VIPERONE
31-05-2006, 09:06
Thats crazy...but then you do have the reactions of a gnat.

You sure you dont smoke Gurana..lol

the best place for a valver manifold is steptoes yard, or the Yorkshire Sculpture Park

I can remember getting smoked by a 535d in my old guise..
check the stats on those diesel beasts lol

2 live
31-05-2006, 09:09
Thats crazy...but then you do have the reactions of a gnat.

You sure you dont smoke Gurana..lol

the best place for a valver manifold is steptoes yard, or the Yorkshire Sculpture Park

I can remember getting smoked by a 535d in my old guise..
check the stats on those diesel beasts lol

lol.smoke his sister.mary gurana :wink:

agreed with the valver fanimold......bin