PDA

View Full Version : Nurbring ring holiday on the cheap anyone? Sign up now.

edde
06-05-2006, 15:28
Anyone up for a holiday to the ring.
Been taking to a few people who are interested they just need some encouragment and costing idea etc so here goes.

The ring quieter in the week the weekend it gets busy so no setting lap times on the weekend.

Looking at the calender here http://julesperry.com/ring-2006.htm I'd think the best time in the next few months would be about the 30 July to the 6,7 or 8th of July.

Looking at the calender the tracks open for 2 hours Tues, Wed and Thursday and half day on half day Monday and Friday. The reason to stay beyond Thursday is that the races are on so although there no driving its much cheaper to watch some proper racing.

Checking P and o and its £50 for return ferry crossing any day from Friday to SUnday.

Its 400 miles from the ring to dover so 800 miles round trip then the track 13 miles long so say 100 miles on track thats 900 miles worth of fuel. Petrol is the same price as over here diesel 60p a liter.

As for accomodation Tom has recomended this place http://www.camping-am-nuerburgring.de/index.html at £7.50 a night which is cheap then say £20 a night for food and drink (beers dirt cheap)

So total cost (from Dover)

900 miles driving. (assume 33mpg thats £120)
£50 Ferry
£200 for say 6 night stay.
£70 for lap tickets (about £10 each depend how many you buy)

Total £320 plus fuel

Being as Uk track days at the moment are about £220 well a weeks holiday abroad for £100 extra seems great value plus its better than any other track realy 13 miles you, don't learn in a day.

Sharing and prices will drop even more share a car and costs and it would be say £320 including shared fuel.

Martin
06-05-2006, 16:27
I'm deffo up for this ...be good to have vet like yourself show us the nordschliefe ropes

GazTwo
06-05-2006, 23:43
Money permitting I'd defo be up for it... :D

Zollo
07-05-2006, 11:04
Can't do the weekend of the 1st n 2nd of July :(

Will hopefully be going out there at some point though...

Lunner
07-05-2006, 14:09
Am i th onyl one who never averages 33mpg with teh f7r engine, esp if we are all in convoy, tbh i'd allow double that for fuel

GazTwo
07-05-2006, 14:30
I reckon the Nana wouldn't be far off that if I stuck to 70mph.

When we went to Hill Power I got 136miles out of £20 and that was with a few blasts and some A road driving.

craig100
07-05-2006, 15:15
pending on money ill be in.
would love to come for experience

edde
07-05-2006, 17:34
We'd have to agree but on what speed to convoy (maybe have 2 convoys one going flat out the other doing a steady 80 or so).

One thing to remember is some cars will go though fuel like mad (hence might be a reason to keep a steady speed up rarther than go mental) the Evo last year we went with kept stopping ever 200 miles to fill up (and we kept to a constant speed) the Nara would be even worse I'd guess.

Theres a 200SX owner interested in going so the Nana might not be alone filling up all the time.

When I took the Williams last year I burned about £250 in fuel I know my total fuel bill for the money in petrol was £350 or so but that also included for some other driving round. Also we went at a rarther a quick speed a steady cruise used to get me about 33~36 mpg. It didn't take much longer when we did stready cruise speed but fuel ecomony was much better.

Martin
19-05-2006, 22:19
any updates edde?

edde
20-05-2006, 00:07
any updates edde?
Yep I need more sign ups realy there only you me my passenger and maybe other other.
I'm going to spend the time at FCS getting people interested.