PDA

View Full Version : Me vs Cup

Tommo
18-04-2006, 23:44
Forgot to post this up.....had my first proper run in with another fast Clio last fri....from the A55 to the M56 on the slip road a Cup comes flying up behind me and sits inches from my bumper. I don't race my car often but couldn't resist, so floored it and kept it nailed through the two sweeping bends, Cup was still there. He then atempts to undertake me but can't gain an inch. We then get onto the M56 and I go straight into the outside lane but have to slow for traffic and he's inches from my bumper again. As soon as the car infront moves over I drop it into 4th and take it to the limiter and pull a few car lengths on him then into 5th and he can't get anywhere near me, he then seems to give up at this point... :) . Unfortunately I have to come off at the next junction but all good fun. Really need to get my decat back on tho, doesn't have as much grunt as it used to higher up the revs.... :?

northy
19-04-2006, 08:02
a cup shouldnt be any trouble for you mate, especially with your performance gooodies heeheee

and back running on the cat - tut tut - :wink:

bigjim
19-04-2006, 10:45
your cars got a few mods hasnt it tommo, cams etc. ? good work btw. 8)

Tommo
19-04-2006, 15:37
Yeah got the cat put back on in December for MOT Northy and left it on cos it seems to idle and run much smoother, but do miss the sound and performance gains. Got a straight thru devil pipe I want to put on aswell.... :evil:

Yes jim car has got a few mods, cams, chip, lsd, etc.

northy
19-04-2006, 15:46
good lad - them cup racers had devil straight through middle sections :D

to say u like it quiet im impressed pal :twisted:

stew
19-04-2006, 16:01
devil straight thru centre section is the way forward. under 100 quid as well for the part!

mine seems to run well with it anyway!

i just need to get it down to 14.0's now, and then into the 13's after the summer!

Tommo
19-04-2006, 20:48
Yeah I've had the devil straight thru pipe on before and it was loud as hell, and that was with a cat on it!! Will be crazy with the decat aswell but time for a change as I'm bored with the quiet set-up... :wink:

Chris n`nic
19-04-2006, 20:57
not guilty! ;)

Chris

stew
19-04-2006, 21:05
Loud! :roll:

ive got devil system, straight thru competition beast, and decat.

its not too bad. imo its the backbox that makes an exhaust system too loud. the devil one ive got is quite quiet.....well kinda! lol

big hp
19-04-2006, 22:22
My mate, (dobs on here) has a full devil system and decat and its fukin loud. He's took devil box off and put a magnex on, not heard it yet but my experience of straight through silencers are deafening to say the least.

richy
19-04-2006, 22:55
i use to have a devil system with straight through pipe and decat, was to loud, annoyed hell out of me!

Tommo
19-04-2006, 23:03
Yeah I know a few people who have said this, I think it was Fatboy who said he'd been pulled by the rozzas twice because it was so loud with this set-up. Still gonna try it, can always swap it back if it's too loud!

northy
20-04-2006, 07:49
thats what i like to hear - get it fitted.

You selling that gearbox yet buddy ? :wink:

Tommo
20-04-2006, 12:29
thats what i like to hear - get it fitted.

You selling that gearbox yet buddy ? :wink:

He he no plans to sell yet matey! Planning to get it rebuilt by DR Engineering next year so will see after that if I want to keep it, seems a waste as I don't race the car, would suit one of you track slags more!!

mon
20-04-2006, 23:33
my mate has a 172 chipped with performace exeust and the filter of course .. me stainless sytem and k+n and de-cat and he only over took me at 125 ..

and i have the 16v not wiliams.. he give me the exuses lol . but i do not here the crap coming from mouth anymore

Chris n`nic
20-04-2006, 23:49
Tell him to get his sorted....valvers mid to high 15`s 1/4 mile...std 172 low 15`s high 14`s....something ain`t right on his m8

Chris

Zollo
21-04-2006, 00:00
I reckon there are a good few 172s out there that wouldn't better mid 15s. So if a Valver can do a mid 15, they should be even :)

mon
21-04-2006, 00:05
mid wot ever .. depends on driver and how good condition the car is in 1/2 sec 0-60 makes no differance only see it if it is 1 sec .. also raced a few 172 .. not inpressed . the cup is def quicker .. my old 5 turbo was chipped had big bore and was at least 7 0-60 i raced a standard clio and i had it in 3rd gear but only just creaping away and that 5 was a low miles minter .. (miss that car) the clio had the advantage of longer gears. the 3rd in the clio is not as good as the 5 chipped in 3rd..

no one thing the 172 clio do not worry me at all

mon
21-04-2006, 00:20
reno have to do a turbo clio simple .. this is the way forward i mean the old 172 cup 82 etc they were no upgrade to each other the new one is only 10 bhp and does not look as good .. not seen inside but it can not look as bland as the old clio sports

at the moment they will never have a classic like the 5 turbo or wily .. if they keep releasing sport hatches that deliver as good a these cars

seanofnp
21-04-2006, 09:59
If you win a race by 0.1 seconds youve still won and have still gone faster than the other person your racing, or measuring times the same.

VIPERONE
21-04-2006, 11:56
i run straight thru system... its great...lol only problem i have is i have to give a health and safety briefing everytime a passenger gets in, also make them sign a disclaimer...t is rather loud

seanofnp
21-04-2006, 12:00
When i jump in the clio this is normally the conversion :

Passenger *goes to put seatbelt on*
me: "I wouldnt bother doing that"
Passenger: "Why not?"
Me: "The speed were going to be going if we crash were dead anyway"
Passenger *gets out of the car*

Balls. lol

mon
09-05-2006, 22:07
When i jump in the clio this is normally the conversion :