PDA

View Full Version : Clio Infection

Coops
12-04-2006, 20:34
Been looking at pictures of my car when i got it last august and basically theres a tiny patch of rust on my arches n thats it!

just been to the garage, where the fook has all this rust n blistered paint come from?!!! i hate winter! :evil:

either way its getting to a point where am concerned about the integrity of my arches, or at least i will be if i leave it, but i also have the small issue of a distinct lack of cash and as i need new tyres and my suspension need a attention i want to put the rust issue on the back burner.

so i was wondering how to set about sortin the rust to stop it getting worse so i can save up to get it done right back end of the summer? i aint too bothered how its gonna look, i just want to stop this cancer before it eats my car alive.

anyone got a guide or a few tips to swing my way?

cheers

Coops

Lunner
12-04-2006, 20:39
Wire brush it off, rust treat it and then put somethign like underseal on it

MAXIBOY
12-04-2006, 20:44
could try using dinitrol it will slow it down some. but the rust usually starts in the seams and spreads from there. cutting it out is the only way. but dinitrol is the best will slow it down some.

Mattie
12-04-2006, 21:32
im in the same boat coops....

the rust on my arches has grown from **** all 2 sum nasty big patches....cant afford 2 get em done as im skint!

but had a word with williamsJR the other day and i belive his old man can do them 4 cheep so gona get sum quotes of him :D

Coops
12-04-2006, 21:54
yeah i know man, sux dont it! i've had a quick word wit jr n i know his old man does em, but am serious super uber skint!lol, spendin last few quid on tyres this w/end n then its me suspension shakin itself to bits on sheffield **** awful roads thats gonna be gettin some tlc!

so its damage mitigation for now regardless of the mess it may look!

oh n i got extra issues of weird paint that i dunno what colour it is! :roll:

Mattie
13-04-2006, 17:57
i aint got no money atm either need 2 pay off sum bills...

lets just say the old plastics gona get a baterin lol

Coops
13-04-2006, 17:58
:lol: