Williams not used for a year or so...advice please

Hi guys,

Hope you are all well.

In terms of getting an engine ‘happy’ prior to restarting what products/suggestions would you advise:

Change the the whole coolant?
    Any radiator additive?
    Any engine additive?
    Brake fluid change?
    Obviously new oil...
    Anywhere specific to grease/lubricate?

Any advice appreciated.
    Mark.

Depends on what the state of all those things was when it was last ran, if they were ok then fire it up & kick it's head in. It's only after a good thrashing that these engines are actually happy plus you're better off changing any of the fluids after the thing has been driven as there's zero benefit to changing them when it's been sat as you wont get any of the potential crap flushed out

It's only the state of the rubber components like the cambelt & suspension parts that should be of concern when it's been sat for a while as those are the things that deteriorate the most over time

That’s great advice thanks mate. Do you know of anywhere who can refurbish these wheels back to true original state?? The few I’ve spoken to looked at me like I was an alien when I started saying about the gold and the polished chrome rims 😂

You've fallen victim to the wrong terminology by the sounds of it It's diamond cutting of the rim that's the magic words you're after

There's a place in Coventry called Wheels UK that does them spot on https://www.wheelrefurbish.co.uk/diamond-cutting/

Quote Originally Posted by RenaultCroydonMark View Post
    That’s great advice thanks mate. Do you know of anywhere who can refurbish these wheels back to true original state?? The few I’ve spoken to looked at me like I was an alien when I started saying about the gold and the polished chrome rims 
    For the wheels you could also try Lepsons - https://www.lepsons.com/ I believe they have the correct gold for Williams and they have a v.good reputation