Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Nearly 11K... this ones been hanging around for a little while now... not to sure why.

Cheers Ian

A few years ago I remember a low mileage W3 being for sale for ages. Back then it was 5 or 6 grand. It always had the plates hidden in all photos. I'm sure it's the same car. There must be a reason why it's not sold.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by theweekendhaslanded View Post
    A few years ago I remember a low mileage W3 being for sale for ages. Back then it was 5 or 6 grand. It always had the plates hidden in all photos. I'm sure it's the same car. There must be a reason why it's not sold.
    its a lot of money for a twenty odd year old car none the less . and there doesn't seem to be that many people buying them at the moment .

Just look at image number 4, that sill looks rotton to me, it may just be a poor image but I dont think so.
    The other images of the side of the car show that the bottom lip of the OS sill is not in great shape, if thats the case, the underside wont be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilW View Post
    Just look at image number 4, that sill looks rotton to me, it may just be a poor image but I dont think so.
    The other images of the side of the car show that the bottom lip of the OS sill is not in great shape, if thats the case, the underside wont be pretty.
    Bang on Phil...good spot, if it's showing any sign of external rust the inner areas will be poor.

i think the arches may have been done anyway as the stickers don't look right to me...just my opinion, could be wrong.

Cheers Ian
    Last edited by ianbirch; 13-09-2016 at 10:52. Reason: Grammar

Cheers Ian, unfortunately I now have a dubious gift where I seem to be able to find corrosion on even the nicest looking vehicle.
    I know all the places to look now.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilW View Post
    Cheers Ian, unfortunately I now have a dubious gift where I seem to be able to find corrosion on even the nicest looking vehicle.
    I know all the places to look now.
    How are you getting on with yours...don't think I've seen anything recently, always love your updates.

Cheers Ian

I'm behind where I wanted to be Ian (should have been on the road now), but its well on the way. Just finishing off replacing all the brake pipes, then the all new front suspension will be going in. Rear axle is complete now and most of the interior is back in.
    I have the re engineered short engine in an engine stand waiting for me to put it back together, so then the engine and gearbox can go in.
    In essence, its 2 weeks worth of time away from being finished, but I'm trying to fit it in with family life, work and other projects.

TBH, I decided not to update the thread any further, as I find it takes ages to do each update (copying the correct images from photobucket) and nobody acknowledged the last update that I posted, so I thought why bother. I may update it at some time in the future, when I have more time.
    Last edited by PhilW; 13-09-2016 at 20:13.

Phil, I have my brake pipe tools back now if you need them!

Paul