Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: N48 KRT

Just pulled the cover over W3 bloody rear wiper fell apart that following driving over a cattle grid yesterday and overhead light cover fell off. I don't seem to love them as much as I did but I'm losing patience. One more thing and I may be gone forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stick with it, you'll only regret getting rid. Those are minor, repairable things on a 20+YO car.

Paul

Thanks Paul
    Just a moment of impatience
    Let's try and fix that wiper
    Oh brittle world of mine

That's nothing pal. I have been using my w3 as a daily drive these last few weeks. Getting wet from leaky sunroof isn't fun but kids think it's ace. Lots of laughter on way to drop them off in the morning. I can only fuel a small amount at a time as the seal on the top of the tank needs replacing and fills the car with petrol fumes if it's full , been like this since 2010. I have an annoying ticking coming from the car when moving, again always done this despite new disc/pads and tyres. Front wheel bearing humming, rusty arches, rusty sills, passenger remote locking in-op. Stone chip city on front bumper and bonnet, but guess what, I wouldn't have it any other way, the fun and enjoyment from this car is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by theweekendhaslanded View Post
    That's nothing pal. I have been using my w3 as a daily drive these last few weeks. Getting wet from leaky sunroof isn't fun but kids think it's ace. Lots of laughter on way to drop them off in the morning. I can only fuel a small amount at a time as the seal on the top of the tank needs replacing and fills the car with petrol fumes if it's full , been like this since 2010. I have an annoying ticking coming from the car when moving, again always done this despite new disc/pads and tyres. Front wheel bearing humming, rusty arches, rusty sills, passenger remote locking in-op. Stone chip city on front bumper and bonnet, but guess what, I wouldn't have it any other way, the fun and enjoyment from this car is amazing.
    I get that ticking too, pretty sure it's the speedometer cable. Fuel problem wince 2010? Book it in for a check in 2020, if you think it needs it.

Daljk, with you all the way, I've been using my van a lot recently, runs well, never even checked tyre pressures on it, it works, it passes MOTs, all that.

Then I take the Williams out and it fades away.

Gaffer tape will sort both the light (the little clippy bits fail; mine has had end bits filled in with Araldite by a previous owner which help) and the rear wipe neither of them are MOT items.

The moral of the story is simple: never hit a cattle grid at less than 100mph I hope you have learned your lesson.

Paul, Ayli and Weekend
    It's like a naughty terrier that just keeps wagging its tail. I see its eyes always wanting to go out for a blast and your heart melts and you forgive everything!
    I've shouted at my sons as they slam the passenger seat up and down "this car is fragile!!" But to no avail. We are slowly running out of plasticiser!
    I had the whole sunroof removed and re-sealed including headliner etc, work done by Mark Fish. Totally waterproof now. Have to say the W1 is fun but W3 in the sunshine is lovely with roof open

My ticking noise comes from the resettable odometer by the way
    The main one works fine

Going for MOT tomorrow
    Fingers crossed

Good luck pal. 😎

Didn't go today due to torrential rain! Decided best to leave it under the covers and try again next week