Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum User
    I've got KW V2 and really rate them even though they are twin tube. The damping/spring stiffness really suits fast road/track day use. Body roll has been greatly reduced and turn-in response is better, but I had a very tired suspension before so I had silly body roll, proper side mirrors almost touching the tarmac...

They don't have to be super stiff, I find that if I set them to the minimum they are quite comfortable, even with a full Powerflex black kit (hardest compound) and solid top mounts.

My car is in Portugal so it doesn't really make a difference for me, but they are made from stainless steel which, considering the weather in the UK, might be a good feature.

You should bear in mind that the rear shocks that come in the full kit are Koni sports. They didn't even bother changing the sticker on them in the kit they sent me. But so far they have performed faultlessly.

One thing you should consider is that they are only one-way adjustable, whereas the GAZ Gold are two-way adjustable. Depending on what you're going to use them for might make a difference.

Hope it helps

V2's

Quote Originally Posted by jay s
    them ohlins went for a ridiculous price, £1400 on used suspension for an old car no thanks

out of the ones you've listed i would go with the kw v2 with rear shocks , a friend has the kw v3's on his car and the handling is superb but they are bloody stiff lol :D
    Not a rediculous price when they cost 4500 grand new..!!! KW's are good but no good for a competition car not being monotube. Well unless you get the KW monotube's which are 5k.!!

BTW those Ohlins are as good as new after having the dampers tested on the dyno.. :D

Nice Evo, did wonder who got them.

I don't really need rears right now. The AVO ones have been fine, so I may get the Koni rears separately at a later sate and try some new Hankook RS2's as well with the savings!

I've seen the rears for about £85 each delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Evogone
    Quote Originally Posted by jay s
    them ohlins went for a ridiculous price, £1400 on used suspension for an old car no thanks

out of the ones you've listed i would go with the kw v2 with rear shocks , a friend has the kw v3's on his car and the handling is superb but they are bloody stiff lol :D
    Not a rediculous price when they cost 4500 grand new..!!! KW's are good but no good for a competition car not being monotube. Well unless you get the KW monotube's which are 5k.!!

BTW those Ohlins are as good as new after having the dampers tested on the dyno.. :D
    haha, i did wonder if it was you who bought them :D i will agree that for a competition car like yours then suspension of that spec will be beneficial but for wobba who isn't competing and just wants to get a few trackdays under his belt the kw v'2 will fit the bill perfect without needing any regular attention etc . interesting that they come with koni rear shocks , i bet the fronts house konis as well in that case making them the same as the fk's..... ( just slightly better build quality probably )

http://www.ast-suspension.com/images...sportline1.jpg

The AST's may be the last word in suspension without having them specially made though, and I hate compromise...so may order them. Will think on it tonight.

KWs are just Koni damper revalved, Just like H&R are Bilsteins revanved.....

Personally get the Bilstein / HR coilovers, fit and forget on a roadcar...!

99% decided on a new set of front and rear KW V2's.

They have great reviews and although I hear they can be a bit soft for hard track use, I am not often on track and I can just put these 350lb springs on I happen to have here when needed anyway.

Will get the AVO's refurbed. They are not leaking as bad as I thought, it just looks like a gradual thing, but will probably keepthem in the event I ever need a straight swap out to get the KW's fixed/refurbed.

Was going to getthe AST's but I've read some stupid build times and refurb times and I can't be having that. One good thing about AVO is they always fixed them within 2 days for free so far as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evogone
    Personally get the Bilstein / HR coilovers, fit and forget on a roadcar...!
    I'm pretty happy with the Bilsteins I have on another (non-Clio) car. However, just to share experiences, they may not be completely 'fit and forget' as mine have a small leak now. 20-odd k from new (so not leaking as quickly as those AVOs seem to need redoing!) and that's with mainly road use (the odd track day and a few dozen laps of the 'Ring). They can be rebuilt though for around £100 a corner.