exhaust for a 1.4?

i want to get an exhaust for my 1400 clio but am not sure what sort to buy, i'm thinking of going to read performance in new milton for a custom backbox and getting it decatted (but set up so i can pop the car back on for the MOT,) also was wondering about a new performance manifold and downpipe. anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks tom.

To be honest Tom it's all a bit pointless on a car like that, the only reason to consider any type of exhaust for a car like that is looks, so I'd only think about having a smart looking back box instead of wasting money on the whole lot. Save your cash & put it towards something you'll enjoy more

A back box will also make it sound a little bit nicer, anything else would just be shit

thanks for the reply, to be honest i really want to get a Williams, but am not sure if it would be a wise choice since im 18 in july and have only been driving properly since february, this is why i thought making mine a little nicer would be a good way to start, but trying not to spend too much money. the trouble is also i've started working full time, so have a little extra cash with nothing else i want to spend it on.
    but thanks anyways, tom.

Forum User
    yeah i understand but first off get insurance quotes as they might be scary..

then i think you will find any performance system fits from the cat back so best finding one on here secondhand and a cat bypass too..think they fit without too much effort or at least with the right adjustable cat bypass..

but i would upgrade so of the 1.4 stuff to valver or willy spec like brakes and suspension wheels and tyres before thinking about any engines mods

will be a better driving experiance ..

yeah, i now have williams callipers and performance discs, and am lowering it by 40mm soon, so should make it a lot more responsive. maybe ill go for the backbox just for a while before getting something a little quicker, i don't really mind about the insurance, as long as it's almost affordable, just love driving to be honest, but fancy something a little quicker as my brother keeps blasting past in his GTI 106 - bastard haha,
    tom.

Get a valver. Trust me, will blow you away in terms of pace and handling compared to 1.4 and wont cost so much on insurance.

I had my first valver at 18.

It screwed me right up every month in insurance and fuel costs.

Keep your 1.4 for now and save up. There is NO rush.