Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Paddle clutches, who has one?

Now, I am quite familiar with the paddle clutches as we do a fair few on Evos and Scoobs, but they obviously have a lot more power and more grip than the Clios and when tuned become a necessity.

So is anyone running a paddle type clutch, or even an uprated one and if so what sort is it and what price (If you can remember) did it cost?

Cheers
    Mark

Oh also, is a gtt clutch the same as the Willy one or slightly smaller? I always thought they were a few mm smaller, but not completely sure.

Forum User
    not sure on r5gtt clutch but i just fitted a std williams clutch, seems up to it for now! always thought about paddle clutch's though , not sure if really worth it on a clio?

lol....sometimes i think i might as well have fitted a paddle clutch lol

i got the ktr uprated one, which is basically a valeo unit for the 5 tub i believe, possibly a little uprated im not 100% sure...does the trick tho.....bit dodgy in traffic, but loves full throttle changes, and all the strip starts........so far lol

Anyone running an organic plate?

ged has a helix in his throttle bodied willy....not as harsh as mine either lol..not sure on spec of it tho,

Forum User
    The 5gtt clucth is the same as the Willimas one.
    The uprated cluctch a few places sell is the 5mm bigger and heavier 1.7 turbo Volvo clutch.
    I had a persormance clutch is previously and it looks exactly the same as a normal one.
    The normal ones fine unless your running huge power.
    Nick Hill (from Cliosport) runs a paddle clucth on his turbo and as far as I know he's the most powerful owner and has had the car some time.

Forum User
    I've got one of those volvo clutches and it's quite friendly IMO. It's cheaper than the oe williams clutch and should last longer too It's was a recommendation from a gtt mate who ran ~220 bhp / 200 lb with no problems

Forum User
    Ive got same one as 2live.... we where both disussing the "sping loadedness" the pedal now has. It wants to push your foot away from the biting point when in traffic so its a bit of a cunt... You do get used to it tho. Just thought id stick an uprated one in before i get cams. If its broke uprate it i say...

Forum User
    the valeo ones are the volvo one's

Nick Read is the man to ask... he's had as many clutches as peter stringfellow has had women