Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Might also want to speak to u33db who messed about with 5's and an extra van once.

Forum User
    yea still for sale but im taking engine out in next three weeks as ive an oil leak behind flywheel

Not good then! Will that take you long? Have you got a mechanical back ground then? I've not got a clue when it comes to engines if I'm being honest, just always been interested in doin a conversion, and a mate had this engine so thouight I'd go for it.

Just askin for help cus not really sure where to start! Lol.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    There is a 8v and 16v 1.8. The 16v 1.8 is from the widebodied 'valver', the 8v is the RSi version. I belive the 1.8 8v was used in the Bacarra luxury spec clio as well.

The 1.8 8v was a different engine in the baccarra to the RSi, it was a single point injection like the rare 1.8 RT.

Forum User
    and the RSi is multipoint injection

Quote Originally Posted by Justin..
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobba
    There is a 8v and 16v 1.8. The 16v 1.8 is from the widebodied 'valver', the 8v is the RSi version. I belive the 1.8 8v was used in the Bacarra luxury spec clio as well.

The 1.8 8v was a different engine in the baccarra to the RSi, it was a single point injection like the rare 1.8 RT.
    The 1.8RT is dog poo, my sister has one :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeguard_man
    ...prity sure its not the williams 1.8 16v....
    The Williams has a 2.0L 16v F7R engine, not 1.8.

Forum User
    Right Josh,its not rocket science to drop one in,as long as youve got the right tools .

the gtx (1721cc) fitted it as standard also the "monaco"god that even had leather trim, you might consider the brakes and suspension also.

Have you considered the Monaco theyve been cheap as chips on e bay etc.......what im trying to say is if youve never done it before keep it simple.If you go the 16v route you will need the engine wiring harness fuel injection pump,ecu.

How much of the 16v have you got (bits that is)

Everything I need I think, was told by a friend whos done a Golf GTi conversion to make sure it came with certan bits, especially the wireing loom. Its deffinatly got the gear box, ecu and wireing loom, not sure about the fuel injection pump! But I'll find out asap.

Was going to carefully strip it all down and clean it all first, put new hoses and up-rated clutch from a 5GTT on it? And some individual throttal bodies. As far as the car goes I was just going to go scrap yard and find the best Campus I could, and worry about making it look nice when I've done the engine?

Brakes and suspension, I hadn't really given to much thought, apart from I know I'll have to put some desent breaks on it because they work and look better and I was planning on lowering it anyway?

Its definatly the F7p, and it dosn't come with the fuel injection pump!