Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    i wanna see if this can be done cheaply and effectively, coz i fancy some of this action

only if it works well though

Quote Originally Posted by midge
    someone on here done the conversion and it yeilded s**t results, but i think he had problems with stuff..
    'cos he kept the std rad. not only is that going to up the intake temp, but you physically cant get a desired intake length...this WILL kill power.

For the record Bogg Bro's have never done one on a std ecu, so its a bit suck it an see. IMO it will make for a messy installation even if it runs right. Best bet would be to nbuy an ignition only ecu. For a paltry £300, it will allow for better calibration/more power, and look alot neater.

This aside, I still think you'd be better of spending a couple hundred more and getting an EFI ecu and fitting bike ITB's. The cost difference between bike CARBS and bike ITB's would be say £300....worth it imo for the more refined engine control.

Forum User
    Thats it Rob cover your bases just balance yourself on the fence

damn straight

Ive been toying with this idea for years, believe with bike bodies you can just set an idle speed like you would with normal carbs, (Idle Screw)
    Altiss Engineering will make a manifold.. chap next to me at work has a tig and likes home jobs :D might have to invest in a set soon, Question is, Tuned 1.8 or 2.0 :P

Forum User
    157bhp @the wheels... and its no longer broken!
    Quote Originally Posted by stan
    someone on here done the conversion and it yeilded s**t results, but i think he had problems with stuff..
    'cos he kept the std rad. not only is that going to up the intake temp, but you physically cant get a desired intake length...this WILL kill power.

For the record Bogg Bro's have never done one on a std ecu, so its a bit suck it an see. IMO it will make for a messy installation even if it runs right. Best bet would be to nbuy an ignition only ecu. For a paltry £300, it will allow for better calibration/more power, and look alot neater.

This aside, I still think you'd be better of spending a couple hundred more and getting an EFI ecu and fitting bike ITB's. The cost difference between bike CARBS and bike ITB's would be say £300....worth it imo for the more refined engine control.
    bogg bro's say they have done quite few and its worked well, if set up right theres no reason why it shouldnt. for me im just looking for cheap power for tracking as it isnt my daily drive, if it was i prob wouldnt consider using this option. if it looks messy(to some ) and restricts 3.8bhp im not fussed, the extra £300 would pay for a couple of trackdays!

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by stan

what EFI ECU would you recommend Stan, when using Bike Throttle bodies as opposed to carbs bearing in mind that the dicussion is based on spending as little as possible for reasonable gains

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by schakal
    http://www.totalvauxhall.co.uk/resources/totalvauxhall/TOV64.tech60697.pdf

:P :P :P
    love it!!!

:P

Forum User
    157bhp @the wheels... and its no longer broken!