Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    just read and replied to that.

9.5k engine producing a shocking 200 brake fair enought its a standard inlet but 9.5k is unreal id of stopped after spending 2k to be honest

I'd spend £500 max on N/A

After that, I'd be stepping towards a charger or turbo, or selling it for something lots faster, lol

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by bendee
    just read and replied to that.

9.5k engine producing a shocking 200 brake fair enought its a standard inlet but 9.5k is unreal id of stopped after spending 2k to be honest
    GDI/Omex can do the same build with cams that will actually run properly on stock plenum for much less than half of that... with an Omex and not a cheapo VEMS either.

lol......poor girl.

i always said ben was a textbook warrior lol.

i did warn u jon...........but u unwisely chose to ignore my excellent advice lol.

£9.5k. fuk me......i could have built her a monster for 1/2 that lol.

i feel for her...as i did u mate wen urs kept fukkin up

fastest on stock inlet??

so more powerful than all previous builds by ppl who actually know wtf they doin, and quicker than the cliorossa, (on nos) and 1 in front off it??

sounds like a lovely bloke

Forum User
    theJesus, Chill man I must admit I had one of the dodgy sets of catcams vernier pullies, mine too was bent and I got it from Stan at APD so this I believe is the reason for the cambelt failure. I noticed mine when putting my cambelt on and turning the engine over by hand to check there was no valve to piston contact...The cambelt moved a good 1/3 over the pulley and back towards the head again on a full cam rotation...

Basically, to be brutally honest if you modifying an engine, your going to have a problem or 5! It's just the way it goes normally and it is FECKING annoying at times

J o n
    problems are one thing cliolord, but blatant piss taking is another. It's not like it's one isolated incident, he does this on a regular basis.

Forum User
    As an engineer of 40 plus years The last 20 or so involved with 3,4 and 5 axis machining centres ~~ expensive pieces of kit The cheapest I got to buy was (for Rolls~Royce) not me was £750k.
    I am intrigued to know who made the engine mount and how much they were on sale for ~~ I am sure it aint a "ten~bob" job.I am sure "ClioPete" will have similar views.

I like the mount regardless of whether it is truely needed or not purely on an aesthetic level.

But from what iv seen and heard of Ben he does seem to be a piss taker, 9.5K wtf?! she could have had the body stripped and resprayed AND a monster engine for that!

and only running 200 BHP, certainly not worth it!

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Quote Originally Posted by cliolord
    theJesus, Chill man I must admit I had one of the dodgy sets of catcams vernier pullies, mine too was bent and I got it from Stan at APD so this I believe is the reason for the cambelt failure. I noticed mine when putting my cambelt on and turning the engine over by hand to check there was no valve to piston contact...The cambelt moved a good 1/3 over the pulley and back towards the head again on a full cam rotation...

Basically, to be brutally honest if you modifying an engine, your going to have a problem or 5! It's just the way it goes normally and it is FECKING annoying at times

brand new pulleys ? how did you not notice they were bent
    before/right after fitting them ??

could it be a heat warpage issue somehow ??