Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    depends - i get a few looks in MKR, even though its 100% standard, as its clearly different

i also get (more) looks in LMG, but thats low, loud and on white wheels

might be chav, but i like it! :D

Put a standard exhaust back on and you slip by without anyone noticing - to be honest most people out there think that loud exhaust = look at me i'm a boy racer...

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfibre
    That is a good question, I've always wondered this also. I think that those who don't know the history behind it may assume that it is, with the gold alloys and bonnet bulge. But I don't care what they think - I still love that car!
    think you've hit the nail on the head there, but people who appreciate what they actually are and know what there about, love em

Quote Originally Posted by Daz.
    Put a standard exhaust back on and you slip by without anyone noticing - to be honest most people out there think that loud exhaust = look at me i'm a boy racer...
    no way, the standard one is far too dull! I love the magnex ;)

People who have no idea what the car is about think its just a chavved up clio, the amount of people that look at it and think iv done it up lol Then I tell them....mate thats how it was when it came off of the production line, some people have no idea lol

I think most people dont understand what they are tbh, the boy racers have moved on to newr cars now and the 172/182 are now fitting nocely in the place the mk1's used to be :D

J o n
    Williams isn't a boy racer car imo, as most people old enough to matter know what it is and remember it from when it was new. It's too well respected to be one, plus high insurance keeps it out the wrong hands.

Valver however I'd say is, there's loads of scallys getting hold of them round my way now and driving them like cunts.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    Williams isn't a boy racer car imo, as most people old enough to matter know what it is and remember it from when it was new. It's too well respected to be one, plus high insurance keeps it out the wrong hands.

Valver however I'd say is, there's loads of scallys getting hold of them round my way now and driving them like c**ts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus

Valver however I'd say is, there's loads of scallys getting hold of them round my way now and driving them like c**ts.
    So what about a hybrid

Being serious though, I don't think it is a boy racers car - but I think thats what the majority of Joe Public think because it has gold wheels and a bonnet bulge. As everyone says though those that know exactly what it is don't see it as a boy racers car but as more of a classic hot hatch. I've had both ends of the extreme where some people will basically laugh at it thinking I've modified it with the bonnet bulge, but then I've also come back to the car with people having a nose around it / taking picures of it and asking questions etc.

Usually the people who say it looks like a boy racer car (including my ex) don't have a clue about cars!