Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunner
    I have a question about that, coops you're in the same position i am i think.

Car is SORNed, MOT has run out and obviously its not insured, i know you can drive with no MOT to a pre-arranged MOT, but you can't tax it without MOT, so how do you get it to be MOTed....plus i'd like to run it a little first rather than trailer it to the MOT centre
    same boat as me

i think im going to have to trailer it to my MOT tester, who is 40 miles away! and then either get the cambelt done there before its MOT, or get the MOT done first, then drive it to rstuning for the cambelt doing risking snappage all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Lunner
    Then you're ok with the no tax thing as well?
    Yeah thats the way I understand it. I think its a bit weird though in that it will cover you to the MOT centre but then your not covered for coming back from the MOT whether you have passed or failed.

Which basically means you would need to take it for its MOT, then get it taxed once it passes before you can drive it home, officially anyway.

i was in the same position about 2 weeks ago, (sorned no insurance and no test) i just left the keys with the garage the night before and drove it there at 5 in the morning (its literally 2 minutes down the main road tho) then i went and picked it up late at night. Obviously its totally illegal but i couldnt insure it cos my ncb is tied up till the 1st, and i needed to get it tested.
    everything went smoothly and it passed first time, risky tho, dont know how these ppl relax who drive illegally all the time, i was shitting it lol

Forum User
    still has to be taxed iirc, you can drive with no MOT aslong as its booked in and thats were your going, the other thing is its only suppose to be local test station not 20mile away to bodge's R us

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by richy
    still has to be taxed iirc, you can drive with no MOT aslong as its booked in and thats were your going, the other thing is its only suppose to be local test station not 20mile away to bodge's R us
    but you can,t tax it without an m.o.t so that means a trailer by law

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBOY
    but you can,t tax it without an m.o.t so that means a trailer by law
    i know thats why i put it still has to be taxed, but can drive with no mot as long as booked

if no tax then yes you cant drive it on the road or even leave it parked up etc on road!

if no tax then yes you cant drive it on the road or even leave it parked up etc on road!
    You can drive it to and from the MOT test without tax as long as you have pre-booked the MOT test and have valid insurance for the vehicle.