Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Valver Wont Start, Help! :(

Hi there, here is a link to my problem http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=286022

Was told about this website as there is more support.

Forum User
    could be a number of things.

fuel starvation due to running low and picking up dirt. blocked fuel filter.

could be flat as the alternators not changing. fuel pump not running right due to low voltages.

earths and earth leads. list goes on. first you need to make sure the battery fully charged and go from there.

Yeah, charge the battery, then change the fuel filter.

Right well today i have got it towed home as it was stuck at my ASDA! Im going to charge the battery up all day and see what happens tonight, i have only had the car just over a fortnight, and there is a big problem with fuelling too, seems to be running so lean and eats through the petrol like no tomorrow, makes a weird stuggling/rasping/crackling noise when acellerating over 2000 Revs, quite a bit of smoke comes from the exhaust too even when warm, im sure there is something wrong with the fuelling.

How much will a filter cost me? and does anyone have a picture so i know where to remove it and replace it with the new one?

Forum User
    hi mate

smoke ifs it black and using lots of fuel would mean its running rich not lean.
    this may be lambda related as there quite common. or temp sender as it may think its always cold so over fuels.

the filter is under the drivers side rear of the car in front of the fuel tank forward of the rear wheels.

bought my last one for around a tenner. its a large/ish cylindrical silver container with a pipe fitted each end and held in a black plastic clamp.

Charged the battery, put £10 worth of petrol in, connected a wire missing from alternator! and she fires up! im still getting this air gushing sound and i cant seem to find any loose tubes, the engine stuggles, then dies.

:( anyone

check the hose to the map sensor, and the other end of it goes into the side of the inlet manifold, mine always used to split

Is there anyway you can show me a pic of what to look for?

Illustrate?

Forum User
    at the bottom of the picture on the end of the inlet manifold there is a black bracket. there will be a little rubber tube going from by there to the map sensor which is the black plastic item on the scuttle panel between the strut top and the exhaust manifold