Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Williams or a valver hybrid?

Hey lads, I know i've been bothering you all for advice on how to tart a valver up to be like a wally, but I'm now wondering, is it worth just saving the extra and getting a willy anyway?

I was thinking along the lines as a track toy, but now think I would be better off trying to keep it as standard and just do some engine work and firm up the suspension? If I start with a willy its more upfront but less ballache in the long run?

I'm not normally a concourse fan (its a car, it should be driven!) but seeing as williams are always getting more rare, surely it would make some sense to keep it standard to a degree and not chav it up as surely in years to come they will get some classic status?

/discuss

i think you would be best off gettin a willy
    you can see them at a good price that need tidying
    its got all the bits u want on a valver so leaves you free to tidy up rather than upgrade and replace

Williams should be left standard IMO!!

However you could buy one and do this to it:-

[img][/img]

My mate sam just sold that car, he bought it like that, reckoned it didnt handle very well!! pmsl well it wont with 18"s lol Someones butchered that one, i dont mind williams's with suspension and engine mods, but when they fit stupid wheels and bodykits it's just wrong!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by number1
    dont mind williams's with suspension and engine mods, but when they fit stupid wheels and bodykits it's just wrong!

Dave
    Agree!! :o

How much did he get for it out of interest? See he was asking £1950 on ebay.

I reckon you could have twisted his arm for £1500!?

If those wheels have been on there for a while i reckon that suspension/chassis will be ****ed.

Forum User
    totally agree with the bodykits and wheels, i really dont understand this misconception that fitting the biggest wheels possible is an improvement. I've driven minis with 10" wheels and are far better then one with 13", and seeing as williams come with 15", I don't think there's any benefit to be had.

On the other hand if you were fitting big brakes I could understand it, but then you'd have to be doing something worthwhile with the car then.

mind that one pictured looks salvigable, depends how hard its been driven.

I'll keep saving the pennies then til my loan is paid off or I find the right one on my door step, pref a phase 2 N 'reg.....

Ive not a clue, think he had it up for sale on pistonheads, if he had put the wheels and morettes and the afterburners on it himself i would have shot him for the good of the club..

Hes had more cars than ive had hot dinners think he had it for around a month,

Wouldnt of offered him a grand for it, the arches had been "modified" to get them wheels on, someone used a grinder on the rear arches i heard, proper messy job apparently!

Dave

well i dunno about that, the maxi kit looks good on a williams, and the dimma

Forum User
    horses for courses really. a bodykit allows larger rims larger rims allow bigger brakes and larger tyres thus more grip if you need them.
    never hurts the maxi handling but need a lot of mods to get 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBOY
    horses for courses really. a bodykit allows larger rims larger rims allow bigger brakes and larger tyres thus more grip if you need them.
    never hurts the maxi handling but need a lot of mods to get 100% right.
    I dont think realistically and economically you could extract the type of power required to make that sort of modifications worthwhile.

6 pots will fit on standard wheels, saw someone on here with them.