Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rtuner Mapping

They seem a bit low to be low to be ACTUAL ign figures, but assume they are. Try it with 0 and do a test run?

On a side note, you really want to retard sites where the engine is making peak torque, as this is where det is most likely. It will be quite det-friendly where you have retarded it.

Okay I'll try that at some point.

When I tweaked the ign table I listened with my Harmonic Frequency Detection Instrument (aka. mic-on-a-wire!) and retarded 3-4 deg wherever I heard det, which was from about 5000 rpm - up. I didn't touch the rest of the table.

I'm sure the ign table isn't optimised for power or EGT. Really I need to take it to someone competent with the right equipment to optimise it. Shame you're so far away from me.

How well does ur det detector work?? reckon u could rig it up to a visual display??

'Fraid it's very lo-tech, but effective. It's that device in the photo on page 1. It's a hearing aid-type device. I removed the mic from the box and put in on an extended cable. My headphopnes plug into the box and I can listen into what the engines doing. Basically it's a homemade version of that electronic stethescope you showed me

Originally I was going to make an electronic det detector with an LED display, but I read more into it and apparently they're not very reliable at detecting. I figured nothing beats your own ears! Worked very well.