Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Forum User
    was thinking if i decided to go for the 2.0 megane pistons and get a 0.6mm h/g then would that not be near 8.5 to 1 instead of being the 7.5 to 1 on standard h/g? just trying to work out a cheaper way that bb or ktec!

Forum User
    running the 7.5 to 1 at anything between 10 and 20 psi would be fine. i would limit to around 17psi. will be fine.

megane pistons are only 120 a set though where the forged ones are 400/500 so there a load cheaper and are fine for upto 260/280 as bb used to included them in the first turbo kits.

Forum User
    so running the 7.5 to 1 on high boost preset fastchip map would be fine? where abouts get pistons for £120? gsf?

Forum User
    prob dealer mate.

Forum User
    yes mate a stated its the pistons bb supplied before you are offered to upgrade to forged mate. any engine parts supplier should be able to get them..

Forum User
    thanks for the info. i know gunner does low boost preset chip but where can i get a high boost preset chip from and how much? sorry for hijacking the thread!

I have a spare for sale if you need mate, pm me

Forum User
    this might be a stupied Qs lol but can u just turbo a valver like thought u need to up rate the bottom end and pistons and that if u dont what sort of money r u looking at to do it ???

for low boost upto 9psi boost bottom end can stay standard, upto 320 bhp at around 21psi u need forged pistons and above that its a good idea to forge the con rods n all!

the bulk of the cost is the parts to connect the turbo and associated systems to the lump, so they will need to be bought no matter what, forged pistons new from wossener are like another £500 on top of the basic cost and as the engine should really be stripped, inspected and rebuilt with a turbo spec head gasket anyway before used for the conversion its worth slappin them in.

overall costs can vary depending on if you get the work done or you do it yourself! for example, my original reciept for low boost conversion from BBPT was wait for it.......£7500! not that i paid that as it was done before i bought the car!there are loads of people on here doing home brew versions of that conversion tho and they are coming in at around half that cost doing the work themselves i rekon, but they can give you a clearer idea of overall costs!

Coops when i finnish my high comp iTB'd car would there be any issues with me building a plenum and joining you turbo boys... why do turbos run low compression?

Andy