Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car is finished

J o n
    fair do's stan, it will be getting the works. Headwork, cams need upgrading, suppose that means solid lifters too... crank, rods, pistons etc etc etc. wnot be til next year now though, need to clear debt and work some overtime to pay for it, think I'll only put about £5k on the engine on this one... hopefully it wont do a "Williams" and all be on repairs... bloody French POS lol

lol

well if I were you, you want to bank on only keeping: block, crank, inlet, and ecu...the rest is going to need replacing.

J o n
    hmm... tbh I was only thinking I'd need to keep the ECU and block... lol... crank will be getting replaced for sure, seen the one I want and it's pure artwork, as well as some rather cool new pistons

sweet...why stop at 9k then?

J o n
    oh I don't, that was just a 'minimum' I'd be happy with lol... ideally 10k+ if possible as eventually I'd like to have this as a track only car, have something like a Skyline or E39 M5 for the weekends and a run about

omg, put a long post about how unrealistic all this talk of 10k is.......but i so cant be arsed to go over it again.

summary, 8.5k is all you need for decent power........you've got a low R/S ratio, small bore and inlet valves which are spaced too far apart to get any larger ones in there.

J o n
    well whatever power can be had I want, if other people are doing 9.5k rpm clio's in greece I dont see why it cant be done... I'm no engine tuner, but that's why it's worth speaking to more than one person, as in my experience you get different answers from different people ;)

i think i might have found the cause of my vibration, see the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by BenR
    omg, put a long post about how unrealistic all this talk of 10k is.......but i so cant be arsed to go over it again.

summary, 8.5k is all you need for decent power........you've got a low R/S ratio, small bore and inlet valves which are spaced too far apart to get any larger ones in there.
    these issues would no doubt be addressed though if a proper job was being done...at least rod length (and pin height) and stroke seen as he's planning on a custom crank.

i quite like the low R/S.....but most people dont know what to do with it