Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Bloody hell! The del sol is a bit of a fat bastard, didn't realise they were that heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Neil1587

What sort of 1/4 mile times do std/mildly tuned valvers tend to run then?
    15.6-16.0

15.0, stripped rear, only 1 seat, standard airbox with cold air feed and de-catted magnex.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by nyk
    when we start talkin about the saxo tour de course, then we are talking about competitiveness!

For those of you who dont know what that is it was a special edition VTS made that was 160bhp.

Standard for standard, vts against a valver, I reckon it would be close and probably down to driver ability.
    Those saxo 'tour de corse' models weren't all they cracked up to be iirc. I think they were tuned by l.a.d and were quoted to have 160bhp with just performance exhaust + filter and might have had a bit of headwork I believe. No chance of getting 160bhp with those mods. I've read about a few of the tour de corse (+ other l.a.d specials) owners who have been to RR shootouts and have been disappointed with the bhp figures, making around 130 ish bhp I believe. A set of catcams 708's, pt51's, 285's etc, exhaust + mani + decat, enclosed filter and a remap seem to be knocking out between 150-160bhp on these engines. Quite a few knocking round now.

What sort of 1/4 mile times do std/mildly tuned valvers tend to run then?
    The tour de course had fast road cams as standard.

Even if they had uprated cams, they still weren't making the power quoted (probably down to ecu not being mapped) going by the RR days i've read about. Most people seem to get around 130/140bhp with cams/breathing mods, 150/160bhp with above mods + remap.

Quote Originally Posted by clowo16v
    15.0, stripped rear, only 1 seat, standard airbox with cold air feed and de-catted magnex.

Matt
    when was this..?

Quote Originally Posted by richy
    The rev limit on a vts/gti is 7250rpm soft cut, 7400rpm hard cut IIRC. Based on std rev limit/engine/box/wheels + tyres, a vts/gti should be hitting 62mph in 2nd, 88mph in 3rd, 115mph in 4th and theoretically hit 142mph in 5h I believe.

I remember craggy's vts. To this day, i've never seen/heard of a near std vts running a 14.5sec 1/4 mile. It was a bit of a freak lol. The T/B's were never going to work imo as I think it was still on std cams/ecu etc.

When my mate had his completely std willy, I could keep up with him pretty easily in a straight line in my vts (filter/exhaust + decat) , but would have the edge round the twisties and when pulling out of corners. A couple of years ago, a lad off cliosport wanted a bit of a comparison against my vts in his stripped out rear, breathed on valver. I pulled about a car length or so up to around 80mph. I think I would have been 2 to 3 car lengths infront by the ton if we hadn't backed off.

These stripped out 2.0 willy/hybrids would absolutely murder a stripped, breathed on vts/gti down a 1/4 mile going by the times they pull imo. You'd need to spend a massive amount on one to get anywhere near the hybrids I reckon.
    yeah it was on std cams but had somesort of altered ecu iirc, whoever did it messed it up and the car wouldnt run correct after it was reverted to std! but yeah your right was a freak fast car!

the bodies were never going to work as well as they could...the inlet was on the wrong side of the engine to get really good airflow to em.

dint he end up having to run 2 ecu's..the std one for the pas and few other bits of shit.and the dta for the bodies.

i know he was gutted wen after the bodies he couldnt get below 14.9 1/4s.

with the std lump back in and the dog box it was a rite hoot....but id got the cams n re-map done by then...and jus blew him away.

i never underestimate a saxo/106 now...mainly down to the battles i had with craggys lol....altho his was a freak.....reportedly quite a lot left the factory with 130+ bhp rather than the 120 they should have had.

lol yeah the inlet is on the wrong side of the engine which is wank! Not much room either, unless you start chopping up the bulkhead. I remember when I was getting my vts mapped at chipwizards, I was speaking to wayne about similar spec'd vts/gti's to mine, but running TB's. He said the ones he had mapped were only making a few bhp more than the single bodied ones (although midrange/torque/drivability was better), so didn't think they were worth it on pretty mildly tuned engines.

I remember the vids craggy used to post up when he first had the vts against various valvers/williams'/172's etc lol. They were great to watch :D

Was at the august meet at york in 2005 had a few runs in the evening after the track had closed cos I know the owners of the track and I wanted to prove I could keep up with my mates mustang.

Ive got the ticket somewhere I think its in the backpack with my tent in the loft.

Matt

Forum User
    yeah craggys had the std ecu with another thing on it, which kinda messed it up as it wouldnt run properly at all!

it sounded great tho, but with the dog box it was alot of fun esp at oulton! :D