Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    What lap times were you doing at Oulton 2live?

er dunno tbh mate

will check the vids now.

My original point was that, if you want a quicker car around a track, spending money on suspension and brakes is more beneficial than cams. Particularly for Martin, but for others as well.

I'm not doubting that cams will make good gain for a road-biased, occasional track car. But I did say this....

Quote Originally Posted by Zollo

If Martin isn't bothered about lap times and wants to better his quarter mile times and giant-slaying abilities on the road, then sure, cams are a better way to spend his money. But for track days, cams are a bit of a waste IMO.
    Oh, I don't think Martin does have Wilwoods?

I'd do suspension anyway. The difference in mine just from doing the front top mounts and struts is shocking. Plus being able to take most of your speed off in one short stab of the brakes will massively increase your lap times.

i would spend the money on somethin else mate,that old lump of mine ran so sweet,and never let any of us down i would spend out on better suspension tbh

i mean i got it down to 14.1 with just basic strip so i sure thats fast enough lol

2 up, with full interior, spare wheel etc, and completely standard brakes..

with simon 7/10 in pass seat, and fukt brakes, bout 2-27

with craggy in pass seat, ok ish brakes....dependant on how long i was held up for...between 2-16ish and 2-20.

oh..was slightly damp too

I would agree round a tight track like bruntingthorp with a better handeling car it would be much quicker, take Yozza’s for example. Couldn’t catch me down the straight but down the bottom corner came up my inside like a rocket, I would say with coilovers, good camber and track tyres I would have kept up, I was pushing bb tunings one for 2laps before I came in, BUT round a track like Donnington I think the extra power would leave most behind,

Its horses for courses

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    2 up, with full interior, spare wheel etc, and completely standard brakes..

with simon 7/10 in pass seat, and fukt brakes, bout 2-27

with craggy in pass seat, ok ish brakes....dependant on how long i was held up for...between 2-16ish and 2-20.

oh..was slightly damp too
    And that's with cams in yeah?

I know of a 1.8 Clio Cup car that has done at Oulton in - 1.52 (racing) and 1.54 with a normal, every day track day driver.

So at least 22 seconds quicker than you! Apart from the slicks and extra weight, how come that 1.8 was that much quicker than you, if it wasn't to do with the suspension setup?

obviously the guy has spent more time round the track than i have.......

driver

u see the top gear thing on sun....jackie stewart??

took 20 secs of gays laptime in a day......like i said.with time n experience good times will come....he changed nothing but his driving style...

so u can say a driver will be a lot quicker due to practise...;)

but if u take the 20 secs mrs jackie stewart says he can take off ur lap time.ud b looking at 1-56 ish..which for a car with brakes that faded after 3 hard stamps, and 1 with 4 seats carpets an a stereo....its not too shabby i dont think.

but just think how quick the car would have done it with 2.0 power....same susp mods. wouldve been 1.20s.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    obviously the guy has spent more time round the track than i have.......

driver

u see the top gear thing on sun....jackie stewart??

took 20 secs of gays laptime in a day......like i said.with time n experience good times will come....he changed nothing but his driving style...

so u can say a driver will be a lot quicker due to practise...;)

but if u take the 20 secs mrs jackie stewart says he can take off ur lap time.ud b looking at 1-56 ish..which for a car with brakes that faded after 3 hard stamps, and 1 with 4 seats carpets an a stereo....its not too shabby i dont think.
    Lol. So now the driver does make a difference in these things? How do you know that driver has had loads of practice? How do you know he's any better than you? You're assuming a lot of things to try and gain 22 seconds a lap!

I've only been to Oulton once, but I bet I could lap quicker in a Cup car with road legal tyres than I could in any standard-suspended, cam'd Williams.