Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervin_Mervin
    TBH though I'd only get a 2nd set of wheels with cheapo tyres on anyway for destroying at trackdays. No point killing good rubber.
    dont understand that... surely you'd want better tyres if your driving the car hard? It's the first point of contact keeping you on the road afterall... makes a huge difference...
    I actually reckon tyres like P6000s are better tbh John. Whilst turd on the road, track temps allow them to work much better and because they're so able to soak up the heat they don't fall apart as quickly. The firestone's I had on at Elvington had plenty of grip yet barely looked touched at the end of the day.

J o n
    Zollo - thought it felt a bit different... thing is it's still a smooth nice ride whatever surfaces your on... very nice cars... and can be had for £15-17k for semi-low mile models!

Mike, know what you mean on the whole shredding tyres thing, but the PE2's were just unreal on track I thought, so much grip!

Oh I agree John. More grip....'til you overheat them and they start to crumble. Happened to FMs PE2s at Haynes and even my F1s. They're much softer compund you see.

S2k is ok but nothing special. Pace outside the VTEC is distinctly normal - like not even GTi pace. If you like caning the nuts out of an engine then its fine but for me i felt it was way too bogged down below 6k.

Tyres should last around 8-10k on the road - I had hardwearing continentals so maybe a few less - never took it on track.

As Zollo says 330Ci is a good choice and not far off M pace.

J o n
    not far off M pace you sure about that? lol

erm yes.

I use a 330ci with m suspension that sits in our company pool sometimes. And a friend has an E46 M3. Yes its quicker but Yes you can keep up in the 330. Its not light years.

Its like the S2k. If I told people I could easily keep up and on the right road get a length or 2 ahead of the S2k in the williams people wouldn't believe me. Until you've actually driven them then you wouldn't actually know reading the stats.

Just been told by a proper BM nut that he only rates them as good.

Still like the idea though.

oh they're not brilliant and i wouldn't buy one :D but its a choice.

Its hard when you set a budget cos you just want to break it

If I was to buy a beemer then it would only be the breadvan or the M roadster both with Schitzer wheels. The first one being a fantastic drive, the second nice but with some scuttle shake that you sacrifice for tops off

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by malbon
    erm yes.

I use a 330ci with m suspension that sits in our company pool sometimes. And a friend has an E46 M3. Yes its quicker but Yes you can keep up in the 330. Its not light years.

Its like the S2k. If I told people I could easily keep up and on the right road get a length or 2 ahead of the S2k in the williams people wouldn't believe me. Until you've actually driven them then you wouldn't actually know reading the stats.
    no, I know what your saying, I'm just surprised and somewhat shocked by it, as I frequently beast my pals 330 Club Sport on the way home from work, as he's a good mate and lives only round the corner, but when I had a do with the E36 3.0 M3 I got absolutely and utterly anhialated 3rd gear on

Best thing to do is actually have a drive in one. Only way you'll really know if it's right for you.

How about a mint E30 325i Sport, or an Alpina or Hartge E30?