I've still got that engine ..in bits,ported head and big valves with Columbi Bariani Cams...new block,crank,rods,pistons ..strange though it is,there were no vernier pulleys.I bet in total it aint done 2000miles
Its at Fletcher Racing services waiting for me,to get built and flog it off maybe ,As the years roll by for me ?????Im not sure what to do,my own engine has done b**ger all.
The beam is a proper Gp.A affair with studs to retain the shocks etc.
The story of the shell :- Mark Carson was parts manager at the Belfast Renault main agents,when the "Works" Renault rally team did the British Championship,they based at Marks garage.Alain Oreille & Robbie Head,Mark was the third points scoring member for the Renault team,however a few weeks before the Circuit of Ireland,Mark totalled the car,and it needed reselling.He contacted Tim Jackson and explained the situation....a Brand new Standard shell was then supplied.....Hence the not so clever welding in areas,where Marks shell prepping people did the shell,that's the state of it now...a million times nicer than it was and a credit to Paddy.Also al the "good" bits ended up on mine.
I sold Flan the discs and calipers,seats and other stuff to guys on the Forum