Started out at 5am this morning and viewed 2 williams 2's today, with the hope of returning with one, both had 12 months MOT but no tax so I knew I would have to get to a post office before 12.30pm

The first one I knew required the odd bit of work but there was loads of daft issues, I am still considering the car but can't decide if they can be sorted out or not reasonably, so would like a little assistance to decide - will post a thread to ask some questions

The second car soun& looked pretty promising from ebay 91k miles 6 owners all mechanicals overhauled, it was £2600 and I drove 330 miles to see it, got there an it looked OK on the face of it, I was told there was a small piece of rust on the rear arch - the bit he had been honest about was a badly repair bit that was coming back through.

anyways........

boot was rusty inside it, engine bay slam was rusty, under the doors were going, both arches had bubbling all over, the doors were full of filler and to top it off it had been cheaply resprayed in monaco blue, but under the bonnet it was the orignal 449 colour for a williams 2, was very dissapointed to say the least the owner claimed not to know it was the incorrect colour even though the colour on the wings was different when the bonnect was opened!

long day just home!

I think I am going to have to go down the route of restoring one to a good standard so thats why I am still considering the first car if I can get it for the right price!