Hi, I owned a 3 about 5 years ago and loved it. I've recently been looking out for another one and intended to spent around £2.5k.

For that I thought I'd get a good condition car that didn't require much attention, hopefully with no real rust. I've looked on all of the usual sites to find a good one for sale and thought that no. 387 looked pretty good.

Apparently it has had new rear 3/4 panels, rebuilt engine and loads of new parts

Described by the owner as show car condition. I'm normally pretty wary but I had a good couple of chats and he was insistent that it was a great car.

I've just been to collect it this morning and I've had to come on here because I don't want anyone to waste their time like I have.

The car has been resprayed, badly, at some point. I couldn't find one good spot of paint. The rust treatment was a joke, badly repaired, badly covered up. The wheels were some of the worst I have seen. Refurbed but had loads of runs, the paint looked like it had been scraped off the lip.

I only glanced briefly at the interior because I knew I wasn't going to buy the car but it didn't look good.

I was really excited about buying the car but it was a massive disappointment. Going to keep looking as I love these cars, I just don't want anyone else to be taken in by the bloke.