And it hasn't worked.

Well, I best explain what it's doing, Basically the engine spec is Angelworks cams with Cat pulleys, Gunnerchip (7100 rev limit) Prowler exhaust manifold, and usual filter and exhaust change.

Idle is generally 1300-1500 rpm, it is a little lumpy (Which i put down to the cams) but it idles about that rpm.

When slowing down, when I go to change down gear, as soon as I dip the clutch the revs shoot up to 2000-2200rpm, hold there for about 3 or 4 seconds, then drop to 1300-1500rpm.

It does this every time, and also does it if I stop at a junction for example.

It also sometimes wants to run on - example is I am driving along 2nd gear in a 30, a bit of traffic so I am on and off the throttle - sometimes I let off and it slows down as you would expect, other times it sticks at circa 2000rpm as if I had not let off the throttle (it is not throttle cable sticking)

If I stop at any point in my trip, it will return to it's 1300-1500rpm idle - if I switch the engine off, then restart it, it will return right away to the high idle.

Lastly, if I drive along at normal A road/motorway speeds, if I dip the clutch the revs will shoot up to 2000-2500 rpm and stay there until I slow down to a near stop, which is when it drops to its 1300-1500rpm again.

I have re-earthed the black speedo earth, and upon start up from cold, I thought it was better as it idled at circa 1200, then dropped quickly to 1000rpm, but after a few miles driving it was back to doing the above again.

I also tried unplugging the speedo cable plug, in which made it much worse, and idle was now 3000-3500rpm. Plugging the cable plug back in returned it to 1300-1500rpm.

To be honest, I don't think the speedo cable is the issue, as if I switch the car off after driving, then start it back up the idle is still high.

The car has stood for a good year without use, so the next stage I am thinking is popping the ICV off and cleaning it fully, checking the TPS, and checking/cleaning the plugs for both.

Does anyone have any other ideas to try? Iv been away from Mk1's for a good 7 years, so although I know my way round an engine bay, id rather ask and be sure