Right, Ben's seen some of the cam threads and wanted to reply, but has decided not to, this is what he was going to post, but I dont think he dares cos he'll get shit for advertising. Some of you know he comes on here anyway though and this isn't the case, so bollocks to it, i'm posting it up, so Ben, sorry in advance if any shit comes your way, that wasn't my intention...

"The AWT cams do produce significant gains, as do Kent and pipers similar level of cam.

However, my confidence in my cams comes from my own astonishment at the difference the cams alone made on a std engine (exhaust mods permitted, dont make a massive difference).

I wasnt really expecting too much in terms of difference on Jesus's car simply because its on std pullies and timing marks. I did measure the timing and it is incredibly out from the overlap values they should be running when timed in, its basically running no overlap. The car idled smooth and closer to a std engine rather than a lumpy Kent/piper timed in cam which does burble, hunt and occasionally stall if you run it right on the edge of the timing.

First drive of the first car, running the first cam brought a smile to my face as it just drove so well. Clean crisp acceleration, loads of torque. The reason why i say its the fastest near stock williams i have driven is because its true. The bridge we use, on the very quiet new bypass outside work, to time and speed check and get a general feel on how well the car is performing. No williams has done that stretch as well as jesus's, infact no car, no 172/182.

So its just as fast as those running more mods, timed and mapped on other companies cams. The real benefit is that its better behaved.

As for me bullshitting. All i can say is try it, if you dont like them, send them back.

They have been working very well on cars, even on std timing and pullies. However i have measured a large varience between std timing figures so naturally some will be in a better position than on other cars, and thus can make different figures.

When jesus's car is finished, and timed in as per spec, it will adopt a peakier nature, of which some can be mapped out. SO he will be invited to try and decide how he prefers his timing. It will become lumpier. But again, its the choice of the owner as to how they want it.

The secret behind the cams isnt in the duration or lift, as it doesnt actually carry that much duration, its almost 7 degrees less wild than the Kent RN2002 with a much wider LSA and peak timing. However, it does hold a larger BCD which allows me to design it to be one of the most gentle cams on the market in terms of valve train assembly abuse. THe flanks and ramps have plenty of area to accelerate the valve gently, but over shorter time. This allows you to run more dwell at peak lift, with less duration. The lifters are also not at their max extension as they are on regrinds and kents blanks, so you have more room for clearance either side. Its just common sense in design rather than aiming for peak numbers.

But i'm not pushing any of you to buy it, if you dont want it, you dont have to have it. Its just another option in the massive catalogue available to owners.

Regards

Ben

p.s 2live, jon is actually running a 2.2 with 12:1CR "