Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Valver vs 06 Astra VXR

Coming home tonight, came up behind a brand new Astra VXR, was a very nice car indeed. Road went from a 30 limit to a 60, and he floored it off, so did i and to my surprise i was keeping up, we both then came back into a 30, slowed down, and again when it went back up to a 60 limit, he floored it off and i was lagging behind at first but then caught up..

Really surprised me this did, as my engine is on 146K miles and is completely knackered!! My only mods are decat and powerflow system..

The VXR driver was probably changing gear early lol

LOL must've been a shit driver me and my dad went for a test drive and they're silly fast. Round a country lane though I could keep up with one in my Clio the handling is shit.

Me and my dad preferred the Focus ST we drove the same day its not quite as quick but handles nicer.

See ya

Matt

Forum User
    Yeh i thought they were silly fast too (0-60 in 6secs right??) - im reckoning the car was still being run in and the driver was changing gear at like 6K rpm or something..He was definately trying to get away..

Though on the second 60mph road, it was a country lane and yeh he did seem to be backing off for corners unecessarily.

When a cars brake lights flash repeatedly does that mean the ABS is cutting in? His lights were flashing madly on the bends..

Forum User
    Resting his foot on the brake pedal coz he had no Balls more than likely!

Probably because it was brand new he was running it in and getting used to the handling

Forum User
    South London Drives: Hybrid, 16v + Willy 2
    Mines considered a pretty quick valver (15.2@90) and Iv got the use of an astra VXR from work and from 60+ the clio wouldnt stand a chance, 3rd/4th/5th in the vxr are brutal. I ran a 14.5@95 in crappy weather with only 1500 miles on the clock. The guy couldnt drive or was getting used to the car.

Forum User
    they torque steer like hell.. i was going to buy one, the stupid waiting list put me off, as did the handling... great cars though lol 18k is a decent price considering the cars they can slay...then again 18 k in my car would see a sadev box a high comp turbo engine running 300 bhp.. in fact £10k could see that lol.

When I had a go the torque steer was well dodgy. It was fine booting it in a straight line, but if you booted it in 2nd off a roundabout etc it would drag you towards the kerb.

See ya

Matt

Forum User
    South London Drives: Hybrid, 16v + Willy 2
    I dont get what all the talk about torque steer is, it torque steers no more than the clio

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_mk1
    I dont get what all the talk about torque steer is, it torque steers no more than the clio
    my Clio's never really torque steered unless damp/wet...