Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Valver - 1, Cooper S - 0

Complete bellend. I love putting people in newer, so called sports cars back in their rightful place

So I am making my way to work, taking it nice and easy at 35mph overtaking some slower cars, 1/2 tank of juice, window half down and some tunes on nice and low.

I noticed something coming up quite quick in my rearview mirror. Hmmmm, Cooper S, in grey, comes flying up behind me and sits on my bumper. I couldn't move in as there was a car to my left.

He then gives me a quick flash and intimates with a hand gesture for me to shift. So, my hand goes up to say sorry, as it comes down I click my indicator on, and my hand carries on down to my gearstick.

2nd cog please my good man................. GAME ON :D

So he starts to pull alongside, at which point I scream the valver and hold him off. The road then changes to single lane and I am in front. Winner, he is still quite close to me. 2 lanes again and, although he has moved to the second lane, he can't pull on me.

We then both turn left onto some lovely winding roads. A long left, sharp right, the back end is twitching, my grip is tightening on the wheel. All that is going through my head is "please don't step out now". I am losing him.........

a few more twists and turns, pops and bangs, and he is outta sight. I come to a stop at a T-junction and he pulls up behind me. Obviously wants thrashing again then. We both turned right, I gave it some well, 1st, 2nd, 3rd.......... he is a tad more sedate.

I stop at the lights, adrenalin pumping. He pulls up alongside, windown down

"**** me mate, who taght you how to drive, Colin McRae?"

BMW, you can stick your supercharger and your lardy mini up your arse. Bring on the next victim

pmsl very chatty for a loser they usually just give the evils lol

Cooper S? Sports car? That's a first

Still, good effort, they're pretty quick cars overall. Sounds like a good sport too, repsect

J o n
    Martin, maybe that's because they never see which way you go mate! I've had a few chats with people, but only when it's been close! lol

Pikie, I love racing the mini's, I had a doo with one a couple of weeks ago before I got the handbrake freed off and brake disks etc, but it was bloody close and it was some fit trollop driving it... scared me actually as it took me a good 20mph before I even started catching it... thank god there was something wrong with my car! lol

think it was only a week ago wen i came up against 1 of these...there fairly quick cars and it was close...but not that close...wot bhp do the cooper Ss push?.....theres 3 diferent Ss aint there????

cooper = pish not worth wasting petrol

cooper s 160bhp

cooper s works 197 bhp - still not rapid

J o n
    mildly breathed on Willy or hybrid wont have trouble with any of them. the 197 are about 172 pace, so again, quick, but not Willy or hybrid quick.

clio16valver.co.uk - Mk1 Clio 16v Dedicated Club
    was like reading a suspense story!

good thread mate

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious
    cooper = pish not worth wasting petrol

cooper s 160bhp

cooper s works 197 bhp - still not rapid
    The revised ones are more than that remember. 210bhp for the Works, 170(?)bhp for the normal S.

BBR do a 300bhp turbo one which is quite nippy too :P

pah they are all pish.. That BBR turbo conversion was £17,000 I remember reading in the review...