Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mooseman's RX7

Mooseman's RX7

Mooseman's RX7 FD

Spec:

1994 Mazda RX-7 FD Efini twin turbo, with approx. 55,000 miles on the clock. This car was imported from Japan 3 years ago, and as a result the mileage has been changed to reflect the change to miles.

History:

When the car was imported it reportedly had a new engine, which quickly detonated due to the owner's ignorance of rotary engines (wrong petrol, no oil changes etc) and at that point it was purchased by NRW (Nottingham Rotary Works), Paul Wavish and John Wooton, and a new engine was installed. I have owned the car from when the new engine was installed, and it is now at 15,000 miles. I do not have any documentation from Japan, but a large envelope filled with receipts etc from work done in the UK.

Mods:

Engine:

ARC stainless steel induction box and associated pipe fittings
    Blitz BOV
    Iridium spark plugs (£22 each!)

Exhaust:

3" straight through Trust exhaust system with no catylitic converter attached (due to being a grey import the car does not need a cat to pass MOTs)
    Trust stainless steel rear box

Electrical:

Professionally tuned by Re:Worx with an Apexi Power FC Commander ECU
    New 4 month old Toad alarm with 2No. key fobs

Bodywork:

Fairly standard, except rear Feed spoiler in black; new front and rear reflectors.
    Front and rear superman badges.

Wheels:

17" Mazdaspeed carbon fibre wrap alloys *one of a kind* and are not mass produced. These were specially produced for an FD owner and sold on. Great condition and look the nuts!
    Wheel size:
    Wheels wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1s all with 4-5mm tread left.
    I have recently refurbished the wheels and when clean look incredible (see pics)

Suspension:

Tein NR adjustable front and rear suspension, with 1 - 12 notch choices from very soft to very hard. Originally cost approx. £800.
    Mzda RX-7 front and rear strut braces.

Brakes:

Standard brake set up, with the exception of Black Diamond fast road pads on the front and rear, costing £130 when new.
    The callipers have also been painted in line with the red bodywork.

Interior:
    The interior is generally in great condition and I have installed the following kit:
    Momo Race steering wheel
    Momo Viper gear knob
    3No. Blitz mechanical gauges measuring oil temperature, coolant temperature and boost pressure housed in a tri-pod gauge holder. These, together with the associated attachments, cost nearly £500.
    1No. OMP 4 point racing harness attached to the drivers side seat.
    Nr new Kenwood CD player.

Extras:

The FD also comes with an uprated non-slip differential, a must for all you track riders out there, and holds the car together in the corners superbly. I am not sure of the manufacturer, but the likely cost is approx £500 new.

This is a genuinely great car to drive, and is also very very fast. The trip to Re:Worx transformed the RX7 into a 310 rwhp car, which is around 375bhp at the flywheel. (I will attach the dyno graph shortly)

I have had this car up against Aston Martins, a varied range of Porsches etc etc and it really does give these supercars a run for their money.

Bearing in mind this is still a twin turbo, it can move very swiftly, but also still maintains a reasonable running cost. I use the car to commute every day and can get 300 miles from a 60 litre full tank, which is quite reasonable. Just don't ask what she does on full blast ;)

If the right buyer can produce the 'right' amount I will throw in a complete set of 16" original Mazda alloys with Goodyear Eagle F1s on the rear and Pirellis on the front (with 4-5mm tread left on all tyres), a complete socket set, a trolley jack, two axle stands, 5 litres of Castrol oil and 5 litres of BlueCol coolant. I reserve the right to sell these items separately if a suitable price cannot be negotiated.

MOT runs out in April 2006.

The RX7 is taxed until late 2006.

Please feel free to email me with any questions or call my mob: 07974 817401

List Price: £7495 ono

Thanks for looking,

Jody

Forum User
    Looks great
    What are you replacing her with??

You're not doing a runner to another country like Jan are you? Sounds like Canada is calling

that is very nice mate i always wanted 1 of these...im very tempted if i can get rid of the gti-6 quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zollo
    You're not doing a runner to another country like Jan are you? Sounds like Canada is calling
    Haha, whatever do you mean?

I'm gutted to be getting rid of her, been a quality car and considering the mileage in one year, there have no real issues whatsoever - compared to 0062 she's been awesome in terms of reliability.

I thought I'd post it up here because its def a good car to consider upgrading to from the williams, and although its worth more, the value for money is incredible. I know Jan looked into spending £10-12k on a car that would rival the RX7 in terms of performance, but he honestly could not find anything in that price range that got close.

If anyone has any questions about RX7s generally please feel free to email me, I'm not a guru, but I have learnt a great deal over the past 12 months.

Cheers fellas

Forum User
    Hello from down under

This is a great car guys and more importantly it's very very fast now

As mooseman says, it would be a great upgrade from a williams, so let's hope it goes to a good home

btw - selling up and doing a runner is the way forward

Here is the dyno graph

Bump!!

Right, time is marching on and my plans have materialised so my RX7 is def going and its all down to you now ...

I am reducing the price to £6995 ono

I will have the RX7 fully serviced, checked over by Re:worx and MOT'd for the buyer, which is as good an offer as is out there.

This is a serious motor, with serious power - also heavily moddifiable, and there is none of this few bhp for hundreds of £££. You can get huge power gains with similar money.

For any of you boys out there wanting awesome value for money and some "achingly good looks" (quote from Evo magazine) this is the car for you.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions at all!!

Jody

if that was black, id sell my soul for it!

shes a beauty!

Get it sprayed :P

Its kind of semi black anyway, with the interior, black spoiler, splitter and carbon fibre wheels, sell half your soul and you'll be there no worries