Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Widetracked Hybrid for sale

I am now selling my 1993 Clio 16v Williams Hybrid due to the fact that since the cam belt snapped, I have been offered a Jap turbo car that I fancy and I think it is time for a change. I was going to keep the Hybrid and strip it to use as a track car but my wife has thrown a fit about me having two enthusiast cars and I have to get rid of one.
    Before I bother get the cam belt fixed I thought I would offer it on here at a reduced price in case anybody wanted to fix it themselves as I am only going to sell it anyway so it makes no difference to me now. In fact, if I fix it and drive it, it will make it even harder to part with it! I am also including all the spare parts that I have for the car and I will list them further down.
    I have owned this car for over 10 years having bought it back in 96 and the actual car has only covered around 50k due to the fact that it was garaged and not used for four years of that time. I am the second owner, this car has never been involved in an accident and is virtually rust free with no rust on the sills or arches at all, the only bit of rust to be seen on the whole car is on the inside bottom of the tailgate and this is because I swapped my original one with a Williams one as I used to have a prima spoiler on the car and I wanted to go standard look. I have really looked after this car and it shows. I have service, maintenance history and receipts going back to 1996. I’m gonna miss it……

Here is the Spec :

1993 phase 1.5 16v 449 blue

Body :

Early phase 1 bonnet badge
    Phase 2 bump strips with 2.0 badges
    Phase 2 grill
    Phase 2 tail lights
    Phase 2 Bootstrip
    Williams Spoiler
    Smoked repeaters
    White fogs
    Renault Headlamp protectors
    Recent Bosch wipers

Interior :

Full Leather interior in very good near mint condition.
    Williams dials
    Williams Gear Knob
    Polished wheel
    Alloy handbrake lever
    Sparco Alloy Pedals (Only accelerator currently fitted but the other two will come with the car)
    Standard radio with steering wheel controls and uprated standard speakers

Engine :

Williams 2.0 F7R engine on around 100K (cam belt snapped so will need valves fixing) but is a good strong engine that has no other problems and was serviced regularly.
    R19 extra engine mount
    Gunnerchip
    ITG air filter with cold air feed
    Decat and Cat included
    Custom Zorstec exhaust with extra mounts (Fantastic condition and fitment) included
    Standard clutch with plenty of life left
    Valver Manifold and downpipe included
    16v Gearbox (whines slightly, usual slight crunch in reverse but has no other problems)
    New heater Matrix just fitted
    Recent alternator
    Recent plugs,oil filter and fuel filter

Suspension and brakes:

Full Williams wide-track conversion, all bushes replaced two years ago.
    1 7 2 Cup springs on standard Williams shocks
    The tracking was done not long ago and the drivers side front wheel bearing was replaced
    Maxtorq disc’s and pads on the front
    Very recent brake pads on the back
    Goodrich Stainless steel brake lines all round

Wheels and Tyres :

Prima Williams replica alloys in gold in decent condition with genuine centre caps (can also come with a set of genuine Williams alloys in need of a refurb instead as I was going to trade these in with a friend and get the genuine ones refurbed white)
    Recent Yokohama A539’s on the front and Goodyear Eagle f1 GSD3’s with good tread on the back
    Locking nuts

Bad Points :

Cam belt snapped so needs cam belt kit, head gasket, head bolt kit, however many valves were damaged, oil and coolant, I would also change the water pump at the same time as I this is the only thing that was not done when the engine was put in about 12000 miles ago and I think this may have caused it.
    My mechanic quoted me £350 to £400 for the job but it can be done cheaper if you have the know-how.
    There is sometimes a slight knocking sound from the drivers side suspension top mount.
    The sunroof has seized but I have a nice condition phase 1 sunroof to put in that comes with the car.
    The bodywork is really good but has the usual selection of stone chips, small car park door dings and a couple of scuffs. Also somebody punched the lock on the passenger door but I will be including spare phase 1 doors with the car anyway. The drivers side front brake disc is also warped slightly but is not really noticeable until it has heated up from use.

Spares that come with the car :

37000k valver engine, needs a new core plug as was leaking water onto the spark plugs . You could even use the head from this as a quick fix for the williams engine
    Set of front wings
    Set of doors
    Rear Bumper
    Phase 1 original dials
    Phase 1 original tail lights
    16v and 1.2 (sleeper look) badges for the side strips
    Phase 1 sunroof
    Passenger side Williams driveshaft and hub
    Drilled air-box
    2 renault diamond air fresheners
    449 Touch up paint kit
    Blue Wax
    I think I have some standard Williams springs knocking about but I will have to check that
    Various components and related stuff that I cant think of right now

I think that is mostly everything but I will update this as I think of other stuff as I am sure I will.

I would be looking for around £1800 for the car alone if I spend the £400 and the time to get it fixed but I would be willing to let it go to somebody the forum for £1000 as it is, including all the spares.
    I am not really open to offers on this at this stage as I think it’s a bargain already.

Here are some pics that I took today.

This one was taken in the summer

Forum User
    location?

Forum User
    he is in west london, close to the A40.

Looks in good condition man, sorry to hear about the cam belt snap. Good luck with the sale

Nice! Cheap buy aswell that at a grand...
    Im thinkin about buying another for a play thing

Well if somebody doesn't buy it soon I am going to fix and m.o.t. it and then do the whole ebay, autotrader and pistonheads shabang... I just wont wanna part with it then though (this always happens)

UPDATE This does now not include the valver engine as this has now gone to u33db.

Still an utter bargain. I am still toying with the idea of just selling the parts that I wouldn't need and keeping it to be reborn as a stripped out track slag....

o.k. I now think that the best route is to sell some bits from the car now due to lack of interest in it as a whole.
    So unless anybody comes along before I start taking bits off I will be selling :

Tailgate
    Full leather interior
    Carpet
    fogs

possibly the willy dials at the right price

Also possibly but somebody has first dibs on these :

Bonnet
    Samco's

I will also swap my gunnerchipped ecu in with a standard williams ecu for cash as I plan to get cams when I resurrect the car anyway wich is the plan if I keep it.

I may also have some willy rims with center caps in need of a refurb that I could sell if somebody wants to swap them with some crappy rims and I could get a set again later.

I also have a phase 1 and phase 2 sunroof in good condition for sale.

I will post all this up in the for sale section with prices after I have spoke to my friend who has first dibs on a couple of bits but if anybody is after anything then feel free to contact me.

J.