Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!

Forum User

HELP!!!!

i have changed the coil, dizzy cap & rotor arm, spark plugs, have cleaned the TDC there is still no spark and there isnt any fuel pumping to the rail as i have taken the pipe off the fuel rail and checked.
    if the fuel pump is not working would this make it not spark? but it isnt making any noise! i have tryed the imobilisor and i dont think that it is that! ( very confusing alarm!)
    please help me cos i think i have tryed most things.
    also what haynes manual do i get cos i carnt find one that lists the williams!
    thanks

Forum User
    cant help with the technical stuff im afraid, but as far as i know, theres no Haynes manual for a Williams. There is a PDF document for it though - want me to email it on?

if the fuel pump isnt working how do you expect any fuel to get to the rail? change the pump if you know its not working and then try again

Forum User
    thats why im askin cos i dont no if its not workin and im not speding over £100 to find out its not that!!!

have you tried to find the fuse/relay for the fuel pump im guessing there is one anyways to see if thats gone?

Forum User
    ive checked the fuse its fine,
    how do you get to the fuel pump i no its in the tank but how do you take it out? can you get it out from under the seat??

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    if the fuel pump isnt working how do you expect any fuel to get to the rail? change the pump if you know its not working and then try again
    She said "if its not working" numbnuts

Is the immobiliser aftermarket ? Might be a knackered TDC sensor, that will cause it not to spark and the fuel pump not to pump. Test that there is a live and an earth at the ignition coil then test that the tacho out works

Right if u want to test that the pump works, take the cap off the top of the fuel pump and look for the thick white wire then run a positive straight to it, if it starts whining then it works.

I think its the TDC sensor TBH

check this out

http://photobucket.com/albums/f360/C...rrent=coil.jpg

Run a positive straight to the tacho one and see if it turns over and starts

Forum User
    ive got a clifford alarm and the renault key works aswell????
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holl
    ive got a clifford alarm and the renault key works aswell????
    thanks
    LOL

well cliffords aren't the most reliable to say the least, make sure you are using the clifford fob to deactivate the alarm.