Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum User
    no its an mot failure to have the airbag light on

i had an mot wit the pre tesioners plugged in and cable tied to the bottem of the seats lol

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunner
    no its an mot failure to have the airbag light on

i had an mot wit the pre tesioners plugged in and cable tied to the bottem of the seats lol
    Well this is the thing i'm not too sure about - my MOT is due shortly (well 2 weeks ago TBH!) and the cabling isn't plugged into the seats...this is mainly because the 16v ones i fitted have different plugs to the 1.2 efforts i removed.

I could wire them up with bullet connectors but i'm stuck for time this week and its dark in the evenings up here now...if i can get away without them it i might not bother?

Forum User
    Oh BTW - got the steering wheel on Saturday...cheers!

Forum User
    as said above, unplug the air bag control unit

Forum User
    Sorry - i wasn't clear above...the 1.2 doesn't have any airbag rubbish...i just want to know if i'll get away with having the wires unplugged? I know you said (^^) you did but was that more by luck/would an anal MOT dude fail me on this?

Forum User
    yes you will, in my 1.2 i had bucket seats and no airbag and iirc i didn't even get an airbag light come on

Forum User

Managed to get it so the clio runners screw to the r19 seats... had to drill new holes on one side. Not putting them in til 2morro now tho as its dark, plus i get ****ed off with going under the car.

Why did they think putting bolts up near the centre box for the seats would be a good idea, stupid french twats.

Ill get some pictures up 2morro aswell, the rears look cool and are well comfy, fronts should be good too. Im going to leave the pre tensioners for now and look at either getting some more (selling originals with original seats) and fitting them to the leather seats or just disconnecting them and getting rid of the steering wheel and getting a non air bag one. However i do like the idea of safety

Forum User
    Inside bolts are easier to get out than the outside ones, lol

Piece of piss, arms ength under the car, don't even need to jack it up, deep socket and extension bar, sorted

i didnt know where they where at first, started undoing the heat sheilds and was undoing stuff near the gear stick housing.. Then realised i was too far up.

I just get worried that the car is going to squash my face