Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pre Tensioner System

Right, ive just picked up the leather seats of Loz, from what i gather there from a mk1 phase 1 clio 16v as there is no pre tensioners for the air bags on the front seats and no split rear bottom bench (the back however is a 60/40 split).

My RSi has the system so if disconnected the air bag light will be on, ive just been reading the Haynes and it says about removing the fuse, waiting 5 mins and then disconnecting the pre tensioner wiring... will this still make the air bag light show?

Also what methods are they of getting around this, can the pre tensioner system be fitted to phase 1 seats?

yeh the pretensioner can be fitted to ph1 seats, while there out unbolt the housing where the buckle is and the pretensionr just fits in there, did it on my ph3 when i put ph1 valver seats in it, never had any problem with the airbag light only when they were disconnected...simple solution remove the bulb :P

ah cool, will do that then...

cheers

that interior is originally out of a renault 19 mate, thats why rear seats are wierd!! clios only ever had elephant grey leather os an option n the fronts are phase 2 seats not phase one. its just that renault 19 had different system. do what plattsy says, shud be reet!!

Everything is different, arghhhhhhhhh

I only have 1 runner on the leather, im trying to put the clio runners on the leather and i cant, so annoying

Williams1, Hybrid, 106GTi, 1966 VW Splitscreen Camper, Limited edition Yamaha R46 #903 of 1000
    I much prefer the cloth interior to the leather

should the base of the rear bench have a metal base to it?

or is the foam ok?

Im going to go to a scrap yard to find a R19 and try and get the runners off the seats

Got the rears in, a managed to chop the r19 foam down and fit it around the clio metal base, nice and snug.

Still got the issue with the fronts tho, the runners from the clio are ever so slightly different to the r19 runners, so i cant screw my runners to the r19 leather seats

Forum User
    1) remove centre console

2) behind the gear lever there is a silver metal box, about 4-6" square, there are 2 wires going into it, iirc only one has a plug on, remove this wire

3) replace centre console

4) enjoy happy orange light free motoring

What you have just done is disconnected the air bag control unit, the car now thinks it doesn't have an airbag/pre-tensioners

Forum User
    Off topic but is it an MOT failure to have the seatbelt pretensioners unplugged?