Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well I put 33 in the front and 28 in the back (only because the rear is stripped out at the moment).

Will give the tyre shine time to wear off and then give it a hammering :D

Quote Originally Posted by BRUN
    yea but if you have it like that mate, you have to be very careful what your doing, its all very well having it so it slides out at the back
    No worries. Am mostly an 80% limit driver, plus not so much slipping these days anyway. But it's a handy option to be able to throttle steer tighter into a corner - if I need to. Frankly, the car does most of the work for me when it is set up properly.

But am curious, what's the reasoning on putting grippier tyres at the back? I would have thought it logical to put the grippier ones in front to tame the understeering tendencies of FWD cars. I thought grippier rear was more for RWD cars.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSun

But am curious, what's the reasoning on putting grippier tyres at the back? I would have thought it logical to put the grippier ones in front to tame the understeering tendencies of FWD cars. I thought grippier rear was more for RWD cars.
    It's safer. Understeer, rather than oversteer, is easier for your average driver to handle. That's why tyre manufacturers recommend putting the best tyres on the back. And it's also why car manufacturers now setup cars with an understeering nature nowadays, and why they don't make FWD cars like they used to

^^^Its for gheys as well!

Garages always tell you to put new tyres on the rear, giving better rear grip (understeer) like zollo said, but imo fwd cars need to have better grip at the front as thats where the power is being put down, and all the weight is. Id rather a touch of oversteer than a bundle of understeer and end up in a hedge!!!

Imo the back only snaps on clios if your pelting round a corner far too fast and its slippy, or if you force it into a lift-off oversteer situation.

Forum User
    Road:

Cold: 33F, 30R

Track:

Hot: 35F, 31R

Quote Originally Posted by stew_punk
    Garages always tell you to put new tyres on the rear, giving better rear grip (understeer) like zollo said!
    Heh, being the kind of guy that never listens to advise nor read the ****ing manual - oversteering in a FWD car has always been my cup of tea. And with most french FWD, their chassis are all so "talkative" at the limit - it's a piece of cake for an above-average driver to pick up throttle-steer. It's not so much about showboating (maybe sometimes ) but having an extra dimension of control when cornering fast.

found a down side to running higher pressures in the front, great understeer in the wet this morning lol