Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!

Forum User
    thanks!!!
    cos i feel like setting it on fire at the mo.

Holl,

1. When was the last time the car was working? And did anything happen that may have caused the starting problems.

2. Could you list the things that you have done so far? And do they affect the car in any way?

Mine went in for an oil change and it could not start for a few weeks, until a relay was permanently earthed to trigger.

Starting problems are quite common on these cars. And it is the most frustating things when it happens. I think Gunnergibson is the Gandolf of starting problems, let him have a look. Keep at it - there should be enough knowhow here to sort it out.

Forum User
    it hasnt ran for about 3 days now gunnergibson has said he will come down but he is snowed in!Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:15 pm Post subject: HELP!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have changed the coil, dizzy cap & rotor arm, spark plugs, have cleaned the TDC there is still no spark and there isnt any fuel pumping to the rail as i have taken the pipe off the fuel rail and checked.
    if the fuel pump is not working would this make it not spark? but it isnt making any noise! i have tryed the imobilisor and i dont think that it is that! ( very confusing alarm!)
    that is every thing i have changed and non of it has helped! when we changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm it started about 3 times but has done nothin since i changed all the other things after the dizzy?!
    if anyone could come and help me i would be really greatfull!
    cos i dont no what to do, my bf is runnin out of things to do on it!
    thanks

Forum User
    does the fuel pump whine/make a noise when u turn the ignition on?
    if u lift up your rear seat and just pop the plastic cover off u will have good access to check for a feed to it if it does not, that way u can rule out pump or wiring/relay side,

if theres no spark at all it could be the TDC sensor, u can use a mulitimeter to check resistance on it, i cant remember the exact reading it should be around 250 +/- 10 ish (holmes), as said i cant remember the figure off top of me head right now! there not to expensive so may be worth replacing anyway to rule out future faults! if its buggered it will just turn over n over untill u kill the battery

i have a clifford c300 alarm and not had any problems with the immob(touch wood), u should be able to tell by the light if it stops flashing etc

oh and rich shush ya moaning face slag

Quote Originally Posted by holl
    i have changed coil, dizzy cap & rotor arm, spark plugs, have cleaned the TDC there is still no spark and there isnt any fuel pumping to the rail as i have taken the pipe off the fuel rail and checked.
    if the fuel pump is not working would this make it not spark? but it isnt making any noise!
    When my fuel pump didn't whirr (I assume that is what you mean by "fuel pump isn't making noise"), it was traced to a 10 dollar connector going to the fuel pump, a 20 mins fix. Check that. Unfortunately, I don't know where it is as it was done by my regular mechanics. I think it's quite close to the pump itself.

But are you certain that there is also no sparking at the plugs? Because no ignition of the plugs AND fuel pump not whirring appears to be multiple failures. For most cars, this should indicate an ECU problem, but on these Clios, 9 times out of 10 I would bet that it's bad earthing. Bad earthing can cause crazy weird and/or multiple problems on our little blue car.

Quote Originally Posted by holl
    it started about 3 times but has done nothin since i changed all the other things after the dizzy?! if anyone could come and help me i would be really greatfull!
    Yes, it has a habit of pretending to work a little after changing a part - making you think that you have fixed it :D

GunnerGibson - Get on a snowmobile, man!! You got a girl here who can't wait to see you!!

Forum User
    lol
    i have taken the battery off for 1 hour to reset the ecu and it didnt change!

Well, that's about all I know from my own starting problem 3 month ago. Going offline for a while (+8GMT here) - will pick up the thread later. Hope Gunner reaches you safely and get the car going before then.

Forum User
    thanks

no update on this ?

It worked before you changed the dizzy ? are the leads on the right way ? should be 1-3-4-2 from the flywheel end. where are you not getting a spark ? is it at the end of the HT leads or at the end of the king lead from the coil ?

Forum User
    im not gettin a spark at all from no were!!!
    my bf has now given up so i dont no what to do!!!