www.superchips.co.uk - The Verdict?

Evening all,

I bought my Clio 16v from Ebay, it came with one of these fitted, and im guessing its a just a stright swap for the original chip on the ECU.

Supposedly it add 10BHP at a cost of £293.

Does that sound reasonable?

Just wondered if anyone else has ever used one.

if its straight swap shudnt be that much! 300 notes will get u a tailored remap at chipwizzards specific to your engine and mods al la bighp recently!! off the shelf gibbo does his gunnerchips for 50 quid n they are plug n play!

Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    if its straight swap shudnt be that much! 300 notes will get u a tailored remap at chipwizzards specific to your engine and mods al la bighp recently!! off the shelf gibbo does his gunnerchips for 50 quid n they are plug n play!
    Stupid previous owner, glad i didnt pay for it, the car does go well though.

Im thinking i might just sell this chip and then buy a gunnerchip. The only mods i would have is a panel filter and decat, his chips are pre programmed to recognise this and should give bigger gains (albeit not expecting that much)?

just been on the site and the 'how is it done?' section is a file not found effort so dunno if they are plug n play or what. for that price tho wud expect a few more ponies yeah!!

Been running superchips in the Williams for a long while now. Paid about 130pounds for mine. Better driveability and improves the flat spot around 3k-4k. I estimate 5bhp to 10 bhp improvements past 3k rpm and slightly fatter torque curves all round.

IMHO, with non-dyno remapped chips, you can't expect much as the mapping was done blind and thus have to be set conservatively. I think real-time dyno remaps is the way forward these days.

when i bought wilma me ole mate renwill had her superchipped and i have a receipt for £280 thereabouts, cant remember exact price now

Banned

superchips

Ive got a superchips chip on my valver , makes it alot more responsive
    but getting a remap for my IK and decat as superchips are setup generic for standard cars (standard exhaust - standard airfilter)

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops

gunners chips are for williams tho

superchips.... waste of money.