Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My starting problem.......solution

TOUCH WOOD !

i seem to have sorted this, once and for all.......

ever since buying the car its never been a good starter, its worse in winter but even in summer it has to turn over a time or 2 to get it going...

after being told by loads of people that it wouldnt be that, and spending money on other things, it seems it was the ignition coil causing me so much grief

got a new 'Facet' one today and the last 4 starts have been brilliant, turns over fast and just fires up like a normal car

i realise now ive said this that in the morning its gonna go back to its old self, but im hoping it wont lol

now, every part of my ignition system is less than a year old, plugs, leads, dizzi cap, rotor arm, distributor itself!......and now the coil

:D **** YEA !!! :D

I worship thee, oh new Facet coil of wonder !

Forum User
    I need a new coil, replaced everything else apart from rotar arm, but get a misfirte every so often when driving along, and mine turns over a couple of times before starting, apparently coils are a common fault on these cars.

How much?

i got mine a bit cheaper @ trade

dont pay more than £40 for one though

get it from GSF - V92520 is on my invoice......yours is the same, ask for the Facet one with part number 9.6007

Forum User
    They do trade for car club members :D

Will add it to my shopping list lol

That coil comes up as a volve 440 part on the gsf site.

Is it the same coil for all clios or is just the rsi and valver/willy that share the same one?

My car sometimes takes two turns to start but that is in the cold mornings. Surely this is normal. When it has been running or when its fairly warm it starts straight away.

Forum User
    Mine never has since i got it, always presumed it was teh starter motor,a nd ti was cus it was high milage

what do you mean by "two turns" do you mean after a quick birst it won't fire up and needs a second turn of the key ? or the second rotation of the flywheel ?

They should start on the first turn of the key, and quickly even when cold, mine does.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy Lover
    what do you mean by "two turns" do you mean after a quick birst it won't fire up and needs a second turn of the key ? or the second rotation of the flywheel ?

They should start on the first turn of the key, and quickly even when cold, mine does.
    Second click first key turn. But only when very cold.

well mine used to turn over for a good few seconds.......sometimes still not firing up, having to try again.....which again took a few seconds

occasionally it took 3-4 goes to get it running

Quote Originally Posted by 1fast6
    That coil comes up as a volve 440 part on the gsf site.

Is it the same coil for all clios or is just the rsi and valver/willy that share the same one?
    so it does.......hmmmm.........works brilliantly though and fits fine, the actual part supplied is a Facet 9.6007, which is listed on the Facet site as for the Clio 1.8 16v C57D which mine is.....