Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: URGENT

URGENT

My car has stopped working, after turning off the imboliser and trying to turn the key it doesnt start,

The relay clicks however nothing happens, we have checked the voltage of the battery which is steady 12 v and tried to jump start it but nothing.

Just clicking.

HELP

Forum User
    Defo sounds like an imobiliser problem

Take the IR reciever out in the roof and make sure its not wet

Forum User
    try turning the immobiliser key in/under the glovebox a couple of times, or disconnect the battery for a few mins, worked on mine a while ago mate

hmm, could well be the starter motor

Forum User
    Could be, but its a git to get at, its on the back of the gearbox, try hitting it with a hammer to free it up.

If that fails and you think it is the starter motor then i ahve an RSi one you can ahve for £20

Forum User
    actually it sounds like the problem i had with mine last september because it wasn't started whilst i was on holiday. it wasn't earthing properly on the battery so all the leads and terminals were scrubbed clean and sorted, then we had to bump start it and it soon started. before that it was just clicking, with the occasional clunk. after that episode it's started everyday first touch

well ill leave it til morning.

We have just run it down the road and tried bump starting it and still nothing which suggests it not the starter.

So ill check the imboliser 2morro morning, clean all the connections and try again.

Lunner how much delivered?

find the relay thats doing all the clicking, get some wire and run it to the negative on the battery and to the earth on the relay. that will stop the clicking (should) if it doesnt start up check your fuses under the scuttle panel. i had same prob and it was both.

i just remembered that the imboliser is an after market one which is turned off with a blip thing

bump

Ive found the imboliser... however there is not information about it anywhere on the net.

Its a LaserLine 921v2

Now i dont want to start chopping wires as it could land me in more danger..

Anyone else suggest anything?