Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best polish??

Best polish??

At the minute, I'm using autoglym, deep shine polish on my saxo and, to be fair, it looks the tits when it's finished. However, I've heard good and bad things about meguirs and was wondering what you guys use on the clios?

Also, what's good for detailing the bump strips with? I use some shite called black trim wax, unsure who makes it, but it looks like tar and works a treat

I use meguirs mate and it's the best I've used. What bad things u heard about it?

I use Tyre Slik for the tyres, and then use this for the bump strips aswell and rub over with a cloth, it comes up spot on!

I use Super Resin Polish topped with Meguiars Gold Class wax.

Not that I've done it for 6months or more.

does anyone polish their wheels? or put some protection on it? they guy from proclean reckons i should be doing this to me wheels when i get em back.

ohh, btw i use autoglym super resin polish on mine and i think it looks good.

Yes. Put some wax on, but only cheap stuff. Makes them easier to clean.

Just use soap and water for your wheels every week jamie don't put any stuff on them. That's what I was advised from Proclean and haven't had any probs yet. Oh yeah and be careful with the polished lip, I have to use an alloy polish every couple of weeks to keep on top of it otherwise they will fade and stain and look sh*te!!

Forum User
    ive used zymol wax last few times on mine, comes up really nice, also used autoglym and that is also very good imo. going to trymeguirs stuff next.

Just use soap and water for your wheels every week jamie don't put any stuff on them. That's what I was advised from Proclean and haven't had any probs yet. Oh yeah and be careful with the polished lip, I have to use an alloy polish every couple of weeks to keep on top of it otherwise they will fade and stain and look sh*te!!
    No offence but proclean are talking shite. I have a diamond cut lip on mine and they don't need any special cleaners or wax. The only reason I use wax on them is that the dirt doesn't stick as well. You really shouldn't need to polish the lip every time, just make sure it's clean using soapy water.

No offence but proclean are talking shite. I have a diamond cut lip on mine and they don't need any special cleaners or wax. The only reason I use wax on them is that the dirt doesn't stick as well. You really shouldn't need to polish the lip every time, just make sure it's clean using soapy water.
    Yeah fairs doos mate, I just went by what the bloke told me and I haven't had any probs with dirt etc sticking to the wheel. My lip isn't diamond cut it's polished and I have had a few probs with this. If it's left for more than a few weeks it seems to tarnish badly. May have to get some kind of wax protection for this!

yep i get the same kinda problem with my exhuast if not polished every few weeks it gos all dull